PhpMyAdmin returns blank page

Mitch

Verified User
Hello,

When I visist myadomain.com/phpmyadmin I get a blank page:

GET /phpmyadmin/ - 500 Internal Server Error - mydomain.com

I geuss it hapens after I updated the PHP version, but how to fix this?

Location on server
/var/www/html/phpMyAdmin -> /var/www/html/phpMyAdmin-4.0.0-all-languages

PHP version:
Code:
PHP 5.3.17 (cli) (built: May 12 2013 15:54:38) 
Copyright (c) 1997-2012 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2012 Zend Technologies

And where can I find the Logs?

Maybe an ownership problem? Do you use php-cli/mod_ruid2 or php-cgi? Did you rewrite the configs after?

I remember what I did, I installed a PHP extension (so not a php update).

I follwed the next steps:
http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=252

Error log says:
[17/May/2013:18:11:30 +0200] "GET /phpmyadmin/ HTTP/1.1" 500 261 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0"

Wrong past:

[Fri May 17 18:12:36 2013] [error] [client **.***.**.***] PHP Fatal error: session_start(): Failed to initialize storage module: files (path: ) in /var/www/html/phpMyAdmin-4.0.0-all-languages/libraries/session.inc.php on line 83

Phpmyadmin shows blank page

Hello,

When I visist myadomain.com/phpmyadmin I get a blank page:

GET /phpmyadmin/ - 500 Internal Server Error - mydomain.com

I geuss it hapens after I updated the PHP version, but how to fix this?

Location on server
/var/www/html/phpMyAdmin -> /var/www/html/phpMyAdmin-4.0.0-all-languages

PHP version:
Code:
PHP 5.3.17 (cli) (built: May 12 2013 15:54:38) 
Copyright (c) 1997-2012 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2012 Zend Technologies

And where can I find the Logs?

when I started xampp on my windows 10 there were many options available, unfortunately every one of them failed. I ll list them so that you don't go through all of them again.
THINGS THAT DIDN'T WORK

1) i installed xampp initially in a different drive and not c because of UAC issues so i uninstalled Xampp and installed it again in c (didn't work) 2) while reinstalling i deactivated the antivirus as setup said that some installing might not end up properly(realized it doesn't matter :) lmao) 3) i tried to change ports several times of xampp from 80 to some different number like 8080 etc. still nothing happened 4) i then tried using firefox as it is believed that internet explorer or internet edge is not a good browser for xampp 5) after that i went to config file i.e config.inc inside phpmyadmin folder and did some crap as were given in the instructions. Failure it was 6) then i closed laptop and went to sleep(XD srry leave this point) 7) then i tried searching for windows web services in the services.msc to disable it. i couldn't find it

On eighth time i got success.This is what i did 8)In control panel, where you have actions , modules PIDs, Ports you will see Services under which you will see gray boxes which are actually checkboxes but are empty initially. i checked it so that xampp services start and apache services start. now you will see them ticked. After that just change the port of xampp and apache to 80.

I hope it helps. cheers ;)

Back