Enable the supoprt of DNS BIND view Clause with DA

Nerigal

Verified User
it would be very usefull if DA could support the use of view clause in named.conf so we can setup dns partition for external and internal...
like DA could list all zone in a file /var/named/dazone.conf and include it with the external view clause that own his specific acl and option

and so the internal view can match authorized client and then you can enable recursive request for other purpose like and RBLDNS which need recursive request on.

view Clause Syntax

interesting no ?

I dont see how its useful. Most people do not use directadmin for internal use. Why do you need directadmin at all for something like that? Shouldnt you just build a small linux server for dns then.

because directadmin is actually my DNS serveur holding more then 5000 zone "something.com" { type master; file "/var/named/something.com.db"; };
and so evertime you add a hosting with DA the dns cluster add the zone at the end of the file /etc/named.conf
zone "newdomain.com" { type master; file "/var/named/newdomain.com.db"; };

view clause work like partitioning and so all zone must be either in view external or internal...
this is actually not possible with DA cause of the view syntax
view "external" {

zone "something.com" { type master; file "/var/named/something.com.db"; };
};

da would just add zone like echo zone "newdomain.com" { type master; file "/var/named/newdomain.com.db"; }; >> /etc/named.conf
then it would look like
view "external"{

zone "something.com" { type master; file "/var/named/something.com.db"; };
};
zone "newdomain.com" { type master; file "/var/named/newdomain.com.db"; };
this would crash named.

Last edited:
it would be very usefull if DA could support the use of view clause in named.conf so we can setup dns partition for external and internal...
like DA could list all zone in a file /var/named/dazone.conf and include it with the external view clause that own his specific acl and option

With POST/PRE scripts available on Directadmin powered servers it can be achieved quick enough.

I'd hope that DirectAdmin programming staff will spend their time developing features that a lot of us want and need.

I've moved this thread; it's now a feature request.

Please let's see some more posts here if others need the feature.

Jeff

Back