ERROR! MySQL server PID file could not be found!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparker366

Yes I have searched through out google and such and everything I have tried fails miserably.

I for the life of me can't get mysql to work.

This is the error I get
ERROR! MySQL server PID file could not be found!
Starting MySQL.. ERROR! The server quit without updating PID file (/var/lib/mysql/server.pcpartsadvice.com.pid)​

Operating System CentOS 6 32bit
Disk Space 35 GB

I can't get my site back up. I reinstalled my vps as I was running plesk and was getting issues with the way it was configured. Heard good things about DirectAdmin. Been doing this for 4 hrs why is this damn thing broke. I am no linux guy. I am a windows user. Give me clear cut instructions and I can follow it.

You have to check mysql log for understand whats the problem.

You can check with ps aux | grep mysql if mysql is running, if ist not, than remove the pid file and start it doing

rm -rf /var/lib/mysql/server.pcpartsadvice.com.pid

If is running so you should have in /var/lib/mysql/ a log file to analyze for understand where is the problem

If you are not that expert, you should consider to hire someone with more experience on linux server administrator.

Me, Zeiter, Nobaloney offer this kind of service, feel free to pm whoever you prefer for a quote.

Regards

What exactly have you done?

130518 19:19:10 [ERROR] Fatal error: Can't open and lock privilege tables: Table 'mysql.host' doesn't exist

Apparently or you have broken tables, or you did remove that...

Regards

re

What exactly have you done?

130518 19:19:10 [ERROR] Fatal error: Can't open and lock privilege tables: Table 'mysql.host' doesn't exist

Apparently or you have broken tables, or you did remove that...

Regards
This is a fresh install of DirectAdmin. I didn't do squat. I had issues getting DA installed but google solved those.

Now this got me running still had errors

mysql_install_db

DA shows mysql service started and running. I had to create a DB and had errors doing that found this

http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=45 and all is good now.

re

Well thanks for the assistance. I found a place that will do support for pretty cheap will get them to go over the install and everything after friday when I get paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back