domain dont work after a fresh install or DA... maybe its a bind problem

totallyfreak

Verified User
Hi, this problem is very anoying... i dunno why by default DA dont correct this error...

when i use DA with ubuntu i always had to do after a fresh new install:

nano /etc/bind/named.conf.options
and removed the listen-on line, then saved, and restarted named:
/etc/init.d/named restart

but with DA on centos it doesnt work because
/etc/bind/named.conf.options
doesnt exist... so what is the solution...

i know i check a lot of forum... but its very not clear... i make some test and it still dont work

and yes for now... i use a fresh install so i dont do a yum ugrade or yum update that make the named service crash and impossible to restart..
so yes for now the service is still running...

so what should i do.... i cant acess to my domain i just add... www.pridecommunity.com

thx

ok but i already try to edit this file... and the line with listen-on are already comment so not active... so i dont understand why the domain name still dont work....

How long ago did you add it? I hope you only added pridecommunity.com and not www.pridecommunity.com because that's made automatically.
And if you just made it, you have to wait a couple of hours before the name is through the DNS servers and it will resolve.

no for install i use server.pridecommunity.com

and dude... i already format and reinstall so much time DA and after correct the /etc/bind/named.conf.options with ubuntu... the problem is instantly solved... so its not a dns refresh... i use the same ip and NS.domain from year ago so i dont need to wait for DNS refresh... the problem is DA config... i got the solution with ubuntu that i post below and everytime in works immediatly... but now that i try the centos version of DA... i got the same problem... BUT WITHOUT the same fast solution... thats why i post here... my website is down from more than 24hr now and i still waiting for DA support reply... this is very lame... i just want to say that i pay 300$ for this license... just in case they forgot... i actually got over 4000 active member who got a down website for now... so sorry if im pissed of... but really??? why directadmin dont come with a fresh working auto config domain name setting.... why should i always do some SSH command that is basicly so easy.. but i just need the good command....

well... i still got no answer to make the domain work on centos 6.4...

anyone got a solution???

thx

Usually, for experience, on CentOS DA installation always worked fine, never tryed Ubuntu so i cant say nothing about that.

Also, here: http://intodns.com/pridecommunity.com

You can see a lot of errors on your Nameservers that are not replying, no valid SOA.

So, is BIND running?

If yes, you have a firewall blocking port 53, check selinux, cause i cant telnet your server on port 53.

>telnet 142.4.210.143 53
Trying 142.4.210.143...
telnet: connect to address 142.4.210.143: Connection refused

If no, what error you got in logs? Have you checked it?

Regards

Back