anonymous ftp folder

donkeyKICK

Verified User
I'd like to specify a specific folder for anonymous ftp access. I do not want to let the world see the rest of the directories. Is there a way to specifiy some other location. Somewhere other than /home/user/domains/domain/public_ftp/

Any ideas on what I can do?

Also, for anonymous ftp, what are the permissions supposed to be?

Last edited:
Warning; this is not a how-to; I'm not even leading your horse to the watering hole; I'm simply letting you know it exists.

If you use proFTPd, then you should read up on it's configuration files; ProFTPd is just as configurable as is Apache; you can set up any limitations, target directories, redirects, etc., in the configuration. Just don't ask me how; I haven't configured ProFTPd in over ten years.

Jeff

Oh, okay. For some reason I was thinking I configured that stuff in directadmin as I was hoping it would be a per user setting. I'll Check there. Thanks for steering me in the right direction. There is a setting in that file (proftpd.conf) called defaultroot. I think that might be the setting I need to look at.

Yes, and it can be set on a per login basis. And you can give directory permissions on a per login basis as well. Google for example proftpd.conf configurations, but remember that DirectAdmin doesn't use a standard file.

Note that DirectAdmin allows both pureftp and proftpd; my only experience is with proftpd.

Jeff

Back