Verified User
Hi,

When running DA update for ClamAV I ran into this error:

Code:
/usr/lib64/libxml2.so.2: undefined reference to `gzopen64'
/usr/lib64/libxml2.so.2: undefined reference to `gzdirect@ZLIB_1.2.2.3'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [freshclam] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/clamav-0.98.1/freshclam'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/clamav-0.98.1'
make: *** [all] Error 2

*** The make has failed, do you want to try to make again? (y,n):

I've been following this post : http://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=43000

And tried this:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build zlib
./build all d

But that didn't help, error remains the same. System is Debian with DirectAdmin.

Anyone familiar with this issue ?

Martin.

Thanks, missed that thread. Seems there is a manual solution, but the added "with a little luck..." doesn't feel comfortable.

You're welcome.
It's not that big a problem if you wait a couple of days with the update. Clamav will keep on working.
And there is a good chance there will be a better solution in the next couple of days or maybe even another update from Clamav. The update is not crucial to your system.
I also do it this way when a problem occurs on an update which does not need updating instantly.

Now also getting:

Code:
clamd[10130]: segfault at 1f4e ip 0000000000001f4e sp 00007fe9d9a18a18 error 14 in clamd[400000+23000]

Tried rebuilding clamav but that did not help.

I think you can best keep everything in one place, the Clamav thread in the announcements I pointed to before.
Fixes will be probably announced there first and I can't help you with it. I'm running Centos 6 x64 on all servers and had no problems at all.

Back