SpamAssassin 3.4.0 released!

Marwen

Verified User
2014-02-11: SpamAssassin 3.4.0 has been released adding native support for IPv6, improved DNS Blocklist technology and support for massively-scalable Bayesian filtering using the Redis backend.

Visit the downloads page to pick it up, and for more info.

Why would you expect it to be in custombuild already if it was just released?

If DirectAdmin support read this thread, I kind of have a feature request regarding SpamAssassin. Currently when users have email forwarders, and SpamAssassin get enough points to flag a email as spam, the spam is always forwarded.
I've been on and on about this without notice, not necessarily with SA, but with forwarders generally... Hope you get more luck :)

Last edited:
I've manually upgraded my SpamAssassin to 3.4.0
The problem is, every night custombuild downgrade it to 3.3. This is a problem because after downgrade complete my exim stops.

So, it seems we have 2 way to solve this issue.
Remove SpamAssassin from custombuild or
Use SpamAssassin 3.3 until it becomes available in the custombuild.

Any recommendations ?

Thanks

*kick*

Any news about this upgrade in CB ? i want definitly use this

Last edited:
*another kick*

If this will be not in CB please tell me how to upgrade without breaking CB

Last edited:
It will be in CB, however it is a major version, and my guess is that it is needed more testing before it can be added. You can send a email to support at directadmin.com and ask how long they think it will take before it can be added.

@Active8, did you send a email to support at directadmin.com like I suggested? If not, please contact them and ask, it wont help much posting about it in the forums.

@Sellerone
Do i have to disable spamassin in options,conf to have the update ?, sounds odd

No, sorry the quote didnt work ( i may did something wrong ).

My intention was to the user that did manual update and during the night CB did downgrade it :)

Regards

*bumping again !
I also send email to [email protected] to ask when this will be in CB but i haven't got any replay so here we are again, : when will this be in CB !

*bumping again !
I also send email to [email protected] to ask when this will be in CB but i haven't got any replay so here we are again, : when will this be in CB !

SpamAssassin 3.4.0 is now available in custombuild, I don't know about custombuild 1.1/1.2, because I don't run those, but it is available in custombuild 2.0:

Code:
Latest version of SpamAssassin: 3.4.0
Installed version of SpamAssassin: 3.3.2

SpamAssassin 3.3.2 to 3.4.0 update is available.

Did you update? Any issues? What were commands to update?

Back