SpamAssassin 3.4.0 released!

I did update today, it seems to be working.

For update:

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build set spamassassin yes
./build spamassassin

Regards

I get an error; could it be an IPv6 issue?

Code:
Running sa-update.
Starting SpamAssassin.
server socket setup failed, retry 1: spamd: could not create IO::Socket::INET6 socket on [::1]:783: Cannot assign requested address
server socket setup failed, retry 2: spamd: could not create IO::Socket::INET6 socket on [127.0.0.1]:783: Address already in use
server socket setup failed, retry 3: spamd: could not create IO::Socket::INET6 socket on [127.0.0.1]:783: Address already in use
server socket setup failed, retry 4: spamd: could not create IO::Socket::INET6 socket on [127.0.0.1]:783: Address already in use
server socket setup failed, retry 5: spamd: could not create IO::Socket::INET6 socket on [127.0.0.1]:783: Address already in use
server socket setup failed, retry 6: spamd: could not create IO::Socket::INET6 socket on [127.0.0.1]:783: Address already in use
server socket setup failed, retry 7: spamd: could not create IO::Socket::INET6 socket on [127.0.0.1]:783: Address already in use
server socket setup failed, retry 8: spamd: could not create IO::Socket::INET6 socket on [127.0.0.1]:783: Address already in use
server socket setup failed, retry 9: spamd: could not create IO::Socket::INET6 socket on [127.0.0.1]:783: Address already in use
spamd: could not create IO::Socket::INET6 socket on [127.0.0.1]:783: Address already in use

In this case I think it's an IPv6 issue. See how it first tries to start [::1]:783? Then after that [127.0.0.1]:783 fails repeatedly.

I reverted to 3.3.2 and that's working fine.

You can force spamd to only use IPv4 by passing "-4" to the command, e.g:

Code:
/usr/bin/spamd -d -c -m 10 -4

also if you go that route, make sure to add the -4 to the init.d script parameters in the start clause so when exim starts/restarts it can bring up spamd

/etc/rc.d/init.d/exim

^CentOS

Last edited:
Thanks -- that worked. I changed line 34 of /etc/rc.d/init.d/exim to
Code:
if [ -e /usr/bin/spamd ]; then /usr/bin/spamd -d -c -m 15 -4 1>/dev/null 2>/dev/null; fi

That's what you meant, right?

complety messed up here CB 2.0
Exim has stopped now
How can i revert to the old version ?

Exim configuration error:
There are two routes called "spamcheck_director"

Last edited:
complety messed up here CB 2.0
Exim has stopped now
How can i revert to the old version ?

Exim configuration error:
There are two routes called "spamcheck_director"

You can revert to the old one by editing versions.txt in the custombuild folder and changing the spam assassin version to the old one (3.3.2), then building it. Basically, follow the steps here, but do it for spamassassin: http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=275

But it sounds like there's a configuration issue with exim now. In exim.conf, can you comment out one of the spamcheck_director routes? Then see if exim will start before you try to revert spamasssassin; you may not need to revert spamassassin at all.

i have uncomment out the spamassasin section in exim.conf and its exim is working however now the spamassin itself is not working, how can we fix this ?

This is my exim.conf now

.include_if_exists /etc/exim.spamassassin.conf

# Spam Assassin
# spamcheck_director:
# driver = accept
# condition = "${if and { \
# {!def:h_X-Spam-Flag:} \
# {!eq {$received_protocol}{spam-scanned}} \
# {!eq {$received_protocol}{local}} \
# {exists{/home/${lookup{$domain}lsearch{/etc/virtual/domainowners}{$value}}/.spamassassin/user_prefs}} \
# {<{$message_size}{500k}} \
# } {1}{0}}"
# retry_use_local_part
# transport = spamcheck
# no_verify

Last edited:
@twv i had already done that but no go, and my problem difference than the ipv6 problem i think

EDIT:
Ok founded (im not sure if this was the problem)

i have uncomment this : .include_if_exists /etc/exim.spamassassin.conf

And re-enabled the rest of the Spamassasin lines, this does the trick no EXIM errors now

Last edited:
Hey,

My guess is that it was giving you that error as the ".include_if_exists /etc/exim.spamassassin.conf" has the "spamcheck_director" in it as well... Basically, as the error indicated, you had two entries for "spamcheck_director".

What makes you think SpamAssassin is not currently working?

Check the file /etc/exim.spamassassin.conf and compare the contents to the part you commented out in the exim.conf file.

David

i have uncomment out the spamassasin section in exim.conf and its exim is working however now the spamassin itself is not working, how can we fix this ?

This is my exim.conf now

.include_if_exists /etc/exim.spamassassin.conf

# Spam Assassin
# spamcheck_director:
# driver = accept
# condition = "${if and { \
# {!def:h_X-Spam-Flag:} \
# {!eq {$received_protocol}{spam-scanned}} \
# {!eq {$received_protocol}{local}} \
# {exists{/home/${lookup{$domain}lsearch{/etc/virtual/domainowners}{$value}}/.spamassassin/user_prefs}} \
# {<{$message_size}{500k}} \
# } {1}{0}}"
# retry_use_local_part
# transport = spamcheck
# no_verify

What happens if you do
Code:
killall spamd; /usr/bin/spamd -d -c -m 5
?

Never mind; I see you figured it out.

Last edited:
root 24826 0.4 1.3 242784 52536 ? Ss 12:32 0:01 /usr/bin/spamd -d -c -m 5
root 24827 0.1 1.5 251108 60392 ? S 12:32 0:00 spamd child
root 24828 0.0 1.2 242784 50148 ? S 12:32 0:00 spamd child
root 24999 0.0 0.0 103312 816 pts/0 S+ 12:37 0:00 grep spamd

Hey,

My guess is that it was giving you that error as the ".include_if_exists /etc/exim.spamassassin.conf" has the "spamcheck_director" in it as well... Basically, as the error indicated, you had two entries for "spamcheck_director".

What makes you think SpamAssassin is not currently working?

Check the file /etc/exim.spamassassin.conf and compare the contents to the part you commented out in the exim.conf file.

David

exim.spamassassin.conf and exim.conf have the same contend so disable the first one doesnt have to be a problem i think

Back