It should, paste output for:

Code:
ps aux | grep spamd

Regards
root 24826 0.4 1.3 242784 52536 ? Ss 12:32 0:01 /usr/bin/spamd -d -c -m 5
root 24827 0.1 1.5 251108 60392 ? S 12:32 0:00 spamd child
root 24828 0.0 1.2 242784 50148 ? S 12:32 0:00 spamd child
root 24999 0.0 0.0 103312 816 pts/0 S+ 12:37 0:00 grep spamd

Seems like it's working. Do you see lines with "R=spamcheck_director T=spamcheck" in /var/log/exim/mainlog"?

Yes already checked it and it there, so i assume its all working now, but it is still strange that a standard DA installation have this problem (i mean that double exim configuration file, maybe someone from the staff has a clou ? )

What's odd is that I have IPv6 disabled on the box I tested this on and still got the IPv6 errors... I even removed IO::Socket::INET6 (IIRC) and it still error'd...

Forcing IPv4 was the only way for me...

This will likely cause hiccups for alot of people...

Any chance you can wrap some logic into this John to modify rc.d or at least output a warning to the screen that the sysadmin will need to make adjustments?

I wonder why I did. CentOS 6 64 bit with IPv6 disabled.

Hey,

I got those errors as well but it did not stop exim/spamassassin from working properly... (CentOS 5.10)

David

I wonder why I did. CentOS 6 64 bit with IPv6 disabled.

Hey,

Yes already checked it and it there, so i assume its all working now, but it is still strange that a standard DA installation have this problem (i mean that double exim configuration file, maybe someone from the staff has a clou ? )

Standard DA install does not enable SpamAssassin...

David

Hey,

Might be worth asking what the top 8 or so lines in your exim.conf are...

David

Yes it does if spamassassin is set to yes in options.conf

Default exim does have the include for spamasasssin configuration file (separated with a if_file_exist or something similar), so, once installed spamassassin via CB it does create that file and exim will automatically use spamassassin.

Should be worth know what version does you use actually :)

Regards

Hey,

Might be worth asking what the top 8 or so lines in your exim.conf are...

David

This is my exim.conf and exim.spamassassin.conf spamassassin snip

# Spam Assassin
spamcheck_director:
driver = accept
condition = "${if and { \
{!def:h_X-Spam-Flag:} \
{!eq {$received_protocol}{spam-scanned}} \
{!eq {$received_protocol}{local}} \
{exists{/home/${lookup{$domain}lsearch{/etc/virtual/domainowners}{$value}}/.spamassassin/user_prefs}} \
{<{$message_size}{500k}} \
} {1}{0}}"
retry_use_local_part
transport = spamcheck
no_verify

Default exim does have the include for spamasasssin configuration file (separated with a if_file_exist or something similar), so, once installed spamassassin via CB it does create that file and exim will automatically use spamassassin.

Should be worth know what version does you use actually :)

Regards

So it is not handy to uncomment the line disable .include_if_exists /etc/exim.spamassassin.conf ?
I have disable that and use code lines in the exim.conf is this ok than ?

Hey,

Sorry, I thought they were referring to an initial installation of DirectAdmin prior to making any changes in the options.conf file.

David

Hey,

So it is not handy to uncomment the line disable .include_if_exists /etc/exim.spamassassin.conf ?
I have disable that and use code lines in the exim.conf is this ok than ?

My opinion would be to go with the "include" line being uncommented and the rest being commented out in the exim.comf file.

I'm guessing that DA will eventually adopt a new/updated exim.conf and I would think that the include line allows them to update that file (exim.spamassassin.conf) without touching the exim.conf.

There is also a couple of includes for the ClamAV configuration.

Of course, I could be totally wrong!...

David

Hey,

My opinion would be to go with the "include" line being uncommented and the rest being commented out in the exim.comf file.

David

Already tried that and then i got the EXIM error, the strage thing is both codeś are the same but when i only use the included it doesnt work, vice versa it works ;(

Hey,

Already tried that and then i got the EXIM error, the strage thing is both codeś are the same but when i only use the included it doesnt work, vice versa it works ;(

When you did that you got the error saying there are two routes called spamcheck_director?

Perhaps you did not have all of the SpamAssassin config in the exim.conf file commented out... ??? Seems like that would be the only reason for that... unless something is wrong in the exim.spamassassin.conf.

This is what mine looks like:

#1.0
# Spam Assassin
spamcheck_director:
driver = accept
{exists{/home/${lookup{$domain}lsearch{/etc/virtual/domainowners}{$value}}/.spamassassin/user_prefs}} \
} {1}{0}}"
retry_use_local_part
transport = spamcheck
no_verify

David

I have the same code as you , both of the files are the same btw

I commented en commented out few times to be sure but this is how it is . so tell me do you have this in your exim.conf ?

.include_if_exists /etc/exim.spamassassin.conf

# Spam Assassin
spamcheck_director:
driver = accept
} {1}{0}}"
retry_use_local_part
transport = spamcheck
no_verify

The real question here is do you have that .include_if_exists /etc/exim.spamassassin.conf line in your exim.conf ?

Hey,

There is also a couple of includes for the ClamAV configuration.

Of course, I could be totally wrong!...

David

FYI

Im using Clam AV and there are no special line of codes in exim.spamassassin.conf , it is the same as in exim.conf

Back