SpamAssassin 3.4.0 released!

but seems it can't install those module, my system is Fedora 9, is it too old so that can upgrade to new spamassassin ?
Likely your OS has libraries too old or dependencies too old. Fedora is a fast moving distribution and for that reason alone should not be recommended for webhosting servers.

Since Fedora is now up to version 20 it's unlikely you can get the updates you need easily.

You may be able to get SpamAssassin working with a lot of experience and a lot of manual building, but doing so could break lots of other services.

Jeff

Likely your OS has libraries too old or dependencies too old. Fedora is a fast moving distribution and for that reason alone should not be recommended for webhosting servers.

Since Fedora is now up to version 20 it's unlikely you can get the updates you need easily.

You may be able to get SpamAssassin working with a lot of experience and a lot of manual building, but doing so could break lots of other services.

Jeff

Thanks! I think I will just keep the SpamAssassin not update it for this server, I also have another 2 new servers that haven't setup yet, I would like to setup those 2 servers as high availability server (will replace the current one). In your personal opinion, any suggestion on OS if Fedora is not a good choice.

You're very welcome. I should have also added that you'll be quite familar with CentOS because both Fedora and CentOS follow the same system architecture, use RPM package manager, etc.

Jeff

Thanks! I will try to install CentOS on those new servers then, thanks you.

You will not be disappointed. CentOS has served med well during the last 8 years or so. No problems with DA and CentOS, it just works somehow. Was bashing along with OpenBSD and FreeBSD before trying CentOS, and I must say that the transition to CentOS has been absolutely painless. Fedora is a desktop OS on speed, and it's not a server-grade OS. You will find peace in CentOS and DA, and you should look into Custombuild2 (CB2) for your customizations. Never have my system been more lean and smooth-running, and that gives me just great peace-of-mind. My logs are as clean as a babies butt, and I can sleep tight at night. Migrate to CentOS with DA and you will find that it gives you a stable and a reliable productive system.

Thx Jeff for pointing that out. CentOS and DA is just very good for hosting. Thx again.

Last edited:
Hello
If you want to truly upgrade to SpamAssassin version 3.4
first remove SpamAssassin version 3.3.2
by
rm /usr/bin/spamd
and kill by
killall -9 spamd
and then
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build set spamassassin yes
./build update
./build spamassassin

Last edited:
Has anyone implemented Redis with this new version yet? Any tutorials or docs?

Last edited:
I appear to be running custombuild=1.2. How do I update Spamassassin?

What post number? I do not see anything referencing custombuild 1.2.

I also had that mirror problem and tried the solution mentioned here:
http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=36

But for 3.4.0 there were only 2 files present.
When issuing the command:
Code:
/usr/bin/sa-update --install Mail-SpamAssassin-rules-3.4.0.r1565117.tgz
It says it can't open ail-SpamAssassin-rules-3.4.0.r1565117.tgz.asc which indeed is not present, also the .md5 file is not present, so that solution is not working.

Hello,

In "files1.directadmin.com" only have 2 files: "Mail-SpamAssassin-rules-3.4.0.r1565117.tgz" and "Mail-SpamAssassin-rules-3.4.0.r1565117.tgz.sha1" (no .asc and .md5) but we can download others rules files from: https://www.apache.org/dist/spamassassin/source/

:rolleyes:

Back