Directadmin 1.45.0 has been released

DirectAdmin Support

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

DirectAdmin 1.45.0 has been released.
1.45.0 versions entry

This is a security release, as well as many new features and bug-fixes.
We recommend everyone update to this version of DirectAdmin.

To install this version, update normally:
Admin Level -> Licenses/Updates -> Update DirectAdmin

If you run into any update errors, try updating manually.

New features:
Ability to bypass domain checks for restore with Multi Server SetupAjax checking on domain, Username, password forms (needs to be turned on: ajax=1)
Alternate email for high-volume messages, namely the brute force monitor (prevents inbox clutter)
Ability to add IPv6 IPs into your SPF records without needing templates changes.
domain exceptions list for subdomain_owners_check.
Custom per-User list of skipped paths in backups
send notice to email account upon hittng send limit (friendly html email)
Dynamic Backup paths based on the date, eg: can have DA add /Wednesday to the path in your cronjob, if it's running on a Wednesday.
CSS tweaks to both the enhanced skin and the power_user skin.

Bug-fixes:
Important security fix for memory issue. Will disclose more info in time.
dataksq uses 100% cpu with too many email deliveries
Disbale SSL re-negotiation to satisfy PCI compliance
rewrite inherit template changes for CB use_hostname_for_alias option

Note, the style-sheet changes may require an F5 or ctrl-F5 browser reload.

John

Under Licensing/Updates I get a error message on the Current Available Version:
Current Available Version <br /> <b>Warning</b>: mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Host '216.194.67.119' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts' in <b>/home/directadmin/domains/directadmin.com/public_html/versions/config.php</b> on line <b>20</b><b

Is something wrong with the update servers, or is this at my side?

I have not yet upgraded, I am still on version 1.443. However when I visit "Licensing / Updates" page, I get the same error as other have reported:

Code:
Current Available Version    <br /> <b>Warning</b>: mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Host '216.194.67.119' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'

Also I see that the IP 216.194.67.119 is from DirectAdmin old datacenter in Canada. Anyway, just wanted to reply this, as this does not seem to be spesific for the new version. :)

Last edited:
Is not specific on new version.. is the old version that have the update-server-ip coded and cant connect to him.

That's why is needed a manual update as i did wrote.

Regards

About the 'Ability to add IPv6 IPs into your SPF records'

How to apply this to existing domains?

I've tried to do this:

Code:
echo "action=rewrite&value=named" >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue
/usr/local/directadmin/dataskq d400

But it doesn't seem to be rewriting the .db files with the new txt format.

I also wanted to do this for the recent SPF record: http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=1477

I've got both enabled, and it works for newly added domains, but I'd like to have it for all the existing ones as well. Or do I need to replace the .db files manually (with perl/sed or something)?

Receiving following error on 5 out of 6 servers.

Subject: *** An error has occurred while trying to update the software *** Today at 11:10
This is an automated message notifying you that an error has occurred while trying to update the software.
The generated error message is as follows:

Error restoring file /usr/local/directadmin/update.tar.gz :
gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
/bin/tar: Child returned status 1
/bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
: tar returned error code 512<br>
<br>
<br>
Try updating manually: http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=29<br>

Please contact JBMC-Software, including the error message. Failure to do so could result in an inactive control panel.

I'm seeing this error at the moment:
Update not necessary
You already have the most recent version of the program

yet this is what I have installed:
Compiled on CentOS 6.0 64-Bit
Compile Date Dec 26 2013, 11:38:37
Server Version 1.44.3
Current Available Version 1.450000
Last Updated Fri Dec 27 08:37:07 2013

edit:
just did a ./build update_versions and it worked

Last edited:
hello I see ERROR

Subject: *** An error has occurred while trying to update the software ***
Today at 13:08
This is an automated message notifying you that an error has occurred while trying to update the software.

/bin/tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
< br>
< br>

Please contact JBMC-Software, including the error message. Failure to do so could result in an inactive control panel.

I've got an issue with CMD_IP_MANAGER_DETAILS but I'm not sure if it's related to this update.

https://<myhost>:2005/CMD_IP_MANAGER_DETAILS?ip=<myip> gives me:

Error: document not found

:(

Nevermind, my skin was outdated. I've switched to "enhanced" and now it's working.

Last edited:
hello I see ERROR

Subject: *** An error has occurred while trying to update the software ***
Today at 13:08

/bin/tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
< br>
< br>

Please read a few posts above yours, the fix has been posted many times now.

I am in Asia Pacific (now it is night time)

I think the DA update server is very busy at the moment.
Using 'echo "action=update&value=program" >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue' to update DA, it shows - "An Error has occured - 3874" in update.tar.gz

Even I use wget to manual update, it shows around 8 - 10 KB/sec download speed.

(Today afternoon in Asia Pacific timezone, the update speed was quite fast)

Regarding the new version and the Enhanced skin in this file: user/add_domain.html

You have added this new code:
Code:
<div id=domain_result class=warning></td></tr>

But you have not added a closing div, you have only started the div. That can create problems with the visual design. You should add a closing div before </td></tr> like this:
Code:
<div id=domain_result class=warning></div></td></tr>

Thanks. But sorry that I posted to soon. I am now finish looking on all the changes, and I found one more file missing the </div>, it's in user/ftp/ftp_show.html on line number 33 - however I see that you have coded all the other changed files with a ending </div>, so I guess it is only a spelling mistake. :)

By the way, thanks for all the many great bug fixes etc. I love that it finally work when I have the following:

Code:
use_hostname_for_alias=yes 
redirect_host=server.hostname.com
redirect_host_https=yes

... I tested and when visiting a user domain.com/roundcube or user domain.com/phpmyadmin it redirects to server.hostname.com/roundcube etc. Love it! :)

However I want to give feedback on a little bug that still is present. I am running cb 2.0 and mod_php + mod_ruid2. After upgrade, I did rewrite_confs and then I reinstalled Roundcube in custombuild, and then it was automatically added a the following to httpd-alias.conf:

Code:
# Alias for RoundCube webmail
Alias /roundcube /var/www/html/roundcube/

Thats great, and it works! However it still does not add the needed line for phpmyadmin. When I visit server.hostname.com/phpmyadmin (without capital letters), I get a 404 not found error, and it only works with server.hostname.com/phpMyAdmin (with capital letters). So like I always have needed to do before, I must add the following to the bottom of httpd-alias.conf:

Code:
Alias /phpmyadmin /var/www/html/phpMyAdmin/

It would be great if cb 2.0 could add that line to httpd-alias.conf when I do ./build rewrite_confs, or add it when I do ./build phpmyadmin, so that I don't need to manage that extra line myself.

I have not found any trouble with the new version, so I am very happy. However I did need to upgrade DirectAdmin manually on all my servers.

Last edited:
I have 3 FreeBSD servers that won't update.

EDIT: Actually they didn't update yesterday but just tried again and they all updated. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back