• Save drafts in local storage for recovery
  • Attachment reminder plugin
  • A toggle to switch between HTML and plaintext view
  • Advanced LDAP address book functionality
  • Importing email messages and contact group assignments
  • Improved keyboard navigation in messages list
  • Cleaned up the configuration into a single file
  • Improved minified JS files handling, added CSS minification

And of course plenty of small improvements and bug fixes.

Read the full list of changes here: http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Changelog

WARNING: when upgrading from <= 0.9 the old configuration files named main.inc.php
and db.inc.php are now deprecated and should be replaced with one single config.inc.php file.
Run the ./bin/update.sh script to get this conversion done or manually merge the files.

NOTE: the new config.inc.php should only contain options that differ from the ones listed
in defaults.inc.php.

I did already wrote to John some days ago that i did test the RC version and it was working pretty fine.

So i suppose that John/Martynas will implement this on CB soon (well, at least i hope that).

Best regards

They just need to merge 2 config files into one.
It will be a good case to see how CB handles config file changes without breaking custom configs.

Is is safe to manually upgrade roundcube or should we wait for custombuild ?
Thanks

I'll let you be the judge of that:
WARNING: when upgrading from <= 0.9 the old configuration files named main.inc.php and db.inc.php are now deprecated and should be replaced with one single config.inc.php file. Run the ./bin/update.sh script to get this conversion done or manually merge the files. NOTE: the new config.inc.php should only contain options that differ from the ones listed in defaults.inc.php.

I believe it can be done via manually editing the files.
But there will be a custombuild solution we can wait for it.
Btw. all users in the directadmin shares the same roundcube configuration isn't it ? If so, it can be done via running update script in one domain or via editing files.

Anyway, i am going to wait for a response from da ...

I'll let you be the judge of that:

FYI, I sent an e-mail to John for an ETA.

Hello,

I’ve forwarded this request to Martynas.
We should have something ready to test within a day or so.

Thank you,

John
-----------------------------------------------------
DirectAdmin Web Control Panel
http://www.directadmin.com

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Roundcube 1.0.0 in custombuild
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 01:54:27 +0200
Organisation: no.dots
To: [email protected]

Hi John,

Could you provide me (and the other guys @ http://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=48718) any ETA on implementation of Roundcube 1.0.0 in CustomBuild?

Thanks in advance.

--

Kind Regards,
Marijn K. - Leading developer
no.dots - www.nodots.nl

Hello,

Martynas has just finished updating the code, but for testing, I've not yet updated the versions.txt, and only added the changes for 2.0.
To try it, you'll need to be using CB2.0, do a ./build update (from files1), then manually change the versions.txt to show 1.0.0 instead of 0.9.5.
Follow up with a ./build roundcube, and let us know if it works for you.

John

Hello John,

not working. I also try to delete the roundcube folder and start with fresh one. Always error:
[h=3]CONFIGURATION ERROR[/h]config.inc.php was not found.
Please read the INSTALL instructions!

John forgot to mention that at the time it was posted, the file was uploaded to files1.directadmin.com fileserver only. It may take up to 24 hours for other fileservers to update it and most of them still do not have the latest version of CB 2.0. Please switch your downloadserver to files1.directadmin.com if you'd like to test it.
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build set downloadserver files1.directadmin.com
./build update

So, it seems we need to change versions.txt and add the line below ?

roundcubemail:1.0.0:325f79deeadb8993ca8a20f0077f2535

New version with new hash value ... Because right now, versions.txt points to old roundcube. I am using files1.

I've already emailed DA Staff about a bug with new config.inc.php file.

The CB will not merge your file but notify you if you have "old-type" config file to remove them before upgrade to RC 1.0.0

So, once removed you need to grab the new created config.inc.php file in roundcube/config folder and create a custom version of it.

But, before do this, wait that DA Staff fix the bug i've noticed with that (the DB credential get not updated with a custom config.inc.php file)

Best regards

But, before do this, wait that DA Staff fix the bug i've noticed with that (the DB credential get not updated with a custom config.inc.php file)

Thank you for the report, but I still do not understand why should we call it a bug? da_roundcube password is not changed if customized config.inc.php file exists, so there are no changes done to the config.inc.php file too. Would you like it to be changed every time RoundCube is reinstalled, or something doesn't work because of the same password used? :)

Sorry, maybe i was using a older config.inc.php with old password, thot CB was changing the password everytime no matter about the custom config file or not.

Well actually a password change on each installation should be nice for security, in that case would be pretty nice to have a sed for change the user/pass in config.inc.php

Since i do use a unique config.inc.php file for all server on a centralized fileserver, the password change would be pretty much appreciate for dont have same DB password on multiple servers.

The config.inc.php in custom folder should have this line:

$config['db_dsnw'] = 'mysql://da_roundcube:darcdbpass@localhost/da_roundcube';

or similar as mandatory so the CB with a sed command on custom config file aswell.

Hope i did made it clear.

Thanks for any implementation and for given infos.

Best regards

CustomBuild is now updated on files1, now it behaves in this way:
1) if there is no "mysql://" detected in customized config.inc.php - it generates a new password and adds it every time to the config when the custom file gets copied
2) if "mysql://" is detected in customized config.inc.php, then the file is parsed and da_roundcube user gets the new password set from customized config.inc.php

Back