[PLUGIN] CustomBuild 2.0

I'm happy to hear that! :) Have you seen the tooltips? If you have an idea about how to improve it, please let me know, but I wanted to leave it like the options.conf "editor" :)

Sorry, my English is not so good as it should be haha.

I like the options.conf editor, with the tooltips too, it's very handy! But maybe you should organize it, a bit more easy-view.

Hello
I get this error
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/custombuild/admin/tabs/edit_options.php on line 8

Please try:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update

BTW, are you running CustomBuild 2.0? It does not work with 1.1 and 1.2, and it won't.

All I can say is "Amazing" :)

whats next? a custom GUI to install DA? lol:p
what will happen to all the guys that sit in front of a black screen with white characters?

All I can say is "Amazing" :)

whats next? a custom GUI to install DA? lol:p
what will happen to all the guys that sit in front of a black screen with white characters?

Thank you for the opinion! :) Haha, syadmins will still be needed to optimize, secure and monitor your system. But this tool should be enough for small servers, where there is no budget for sysadmins and there are no very important pages (in case of downtime you need to know why it is caused, for example, if you switch the webserver to nginx, you must reinstall PHP also, if you don't - you'll have downtime for the time you read the FAQ).

I was just kidding in the others :)
but I looked at the sample pictures and thought was real nice plugin.
it puts a nice face on CB :):cool:

I sit in front of a KDE installation with a huge monitor; six Konsole instances. Konsole set up for random pastel backgrounds, all black letters. Much easier to read (even with my poor eyesight) and the colors become a subconscious reminder of which machine I'm working on. On click and the Konsole fills the screen, and another puts it back in it's place.

No browser experience is ever going to replace that :D.

Jeff

Hi Jeff
You knew I'd be picking on you lol, hey at least I didnt say...(the O word..shhhh)...... :rolleyes:
and was kidding all you fine men and women that sit behind the great throne of the Linux Machine :cool:
being of the MS world, I guess a great UI is the key to survival (Hey Im not proud of it but I am at least honest)ms that is));

Last edited:
Hi,

Installed and working. Altough I find it a bit slow on every pageload.

Can you change the custombuild cron script to attach the url to the custombuild update page when the plug-in is installed?

https://hostname:2222/CMD_PLUGINS_ADMIN/custombuild/update_software.html

I find myself logging in through ssh, and running update from there, as it's quicker then logging in on the web interface, and navigating to the update screen.

In my experience it's also quite slow on each hit, even on pages which does not seem to display any result from CB (e.g. Update Software Configuration)

I'm assuming each time you click on a tab, CB is being talked to. A better design for the plugin may be to redo certain things. I don't know if you agree or if you have the time for it; but here's my idea:

- When you first access the CB plugin, immediately display a page which then through ajax gathers all needed info through CB, you simply display that this is happening, when finished it shows the edit options tab (I think it's better then to just wait for the whole request to be finished, not knowing what's going on)
- Store the information locally in json
- All tabs are only through JS, getting the data from the local json
- Each time after you execute something, update the local json data rigth after to keep everything updated

Just my thoughts on this.

Thank you for the reports :) Yes, these are known problems and I'll be working on them very soon. That's not caused directly by the access to CB, but due to the things CB does with each call. I'll update CustomBuild soon to speed the things up!

how is this installed?
I tried doing upload from DA plugin section but getting
is not a valid plugin name.

DISREGARD

I tried uplaoding the zipped file and installing liek that, have to have extracted folder in plugins directory then install from plugin section

this is super idea, will really help people

Last edited:
this sort of a foolish suggestion but it may help avoid questions.
where the dark blue shows the current choice/config maybe somewhere note that.

Version 1.0.6 has been released, added a feature that if the internet connection is lost for a short time, it reconnects automatically and "building" window gets alive again :) About the slowness, there was a bug in DA, so it needs DA 1.45.3 or a current pre-release for the problem to be fixed. Please give latest DA pre-release a try and let me know about the speed improvements. Thank you for the reports!

BTW, the bug I'm talking about is from 3 parts :) http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=1601

dmacleo, please try providing DA an URL instead of a tarball when installing the plugin, because that might be browser related. About the "current" color, the dark blue appears only once in each setting, so I think it is clear that bright blue are options available, and dark blue is the selection. However, if more users would like to get that note somewhere on the page, I'd be willing to add that. Thank you for the idea.

Hi,

Installed and working. Altough I find it a bit slow on every pageload.

Can you change the custombuild cron script to attach the url to the custombuild update page when the plug-in is installed?

https://hostname:2222/CMD_PLUGINS_ADMIN/custombuild/update_software.html

I find myself logging in through ssh, and running update from there, as it's quicker then logging in on the web interface, and navigating to the update screen.

Please check if the speed is now fine with the pre-release version of DA :) If not, please let me know and I'll consider that, however, DA itself slowed some things down a lot, so it should be okay with pre-release or DA 1.45.3.

I forgot to mention that log filename format has changed in 1.0.6, so it might error about the old filenames used in "Log Manager". To remove old log files just do:
Code:
rm -f /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/custombuild/logs/*

That's it! :)

Version 1.0.6 has been released, added a feature that if the internet connection is lost for a short time, it reconnects automatically and "building" window gets alive again :) About the slowness, there was a bug in DA, so it needs DA 1.45.3 or a current pre-release for the problem to be fixed. Please give latest DA pre-release a try and let me know about the speed improvements. Thank you for the reports!

BTW, the bug I'm talking about is from 3 parts :) http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=1601

dmacleo, please try providing DA an URL instead of a tarball when installing the plugin, because that might be browser related. About the "current" color, the dark blue appears only once in each setting, so I think it is clear that bright blue are options available, and dark blue is the selection. However, if more users would like to get that note somewhere on the page, I'd be willing to add that. Thank you for the idea.
I tried it 3 ways, first I browsed to the file on pc and tried upload/install and that failed.
I tried url and that never did anything, could not tell if issue was on my end or external to me.
then I uploaded (ftp) the extracted file (the folder) to plugins directory and it installed fine.

Last edited:
Back