[PLUGIN] CustomBuild 2.0

Have you noticed the speed improvement with DA 1.45.4? :)

I'm not sure how much the speed improved, but still the edit options tab takes over 5 seconds to load on my box.

Is that DA 1.45.4, latest version of the plugin and the CustomBuild script?

Hey,

Yes, I'm noticing the same thing after upgrading to 1.45.4 and version 1.0.8 of the plugin.

David

Yep I just upgraded DA first, then the CB plugin.

2.0.0-RC7 (rev: 808)

Server Version 1.45.4

Just tested it again and it's around 4.8 seconds where it was earlier today 5.4 but the box doesn't have any load (I tested like 5 times now and earlier)

Im not seeing this 'slowness'
I get page loads of 6 seconds or less depending on what I click
things like Plugin Manager are a couple seconds more that CB
I am also at the latest for DA and CB, running CentOS 6.x

I released version 1.0.9, the only change is that now in the footer "Page load time" is shown. Please paste the screenshots, on my slow testing server it's ~2s :) It might be that you get higher loading times when you're not on the index tab, so please let me know which tab is selected. Thank you.

clicking the link to CB from admin
Page load time: 3.0357 seconds

build software
Page load time: 2.2598 seconds

Update Software
Page load time: 1.6718 seconds

so what more could I ask for?

Last edited:
AndyII, was that a question for me? :) Do you consider this loading time slow?

Please let me know the output of:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
time ./build settings_json > /dev/null
time ./build version > /dev/null

Thank you.

heck No :) was more to show Im not having any troubles,
load times as we all know also depend on the internet connection, the server itself, etc.
I have business class with good up/down speeds :cool:
and a heck of a server to boot :)
maybe that has a little to do with it?

AndyII, was that a question for me? :) Do you consider this loading time slow?

Last edited:
Please let me know the output of:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
time ./build settings_json > /dev/null
time ./build version > /dev/null

Thank you.

root@server:/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild# cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
root@server:/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild# time ./build settings_json > /dev/null

real 0m2.607s
user 0m2.628s
sys 0m2.268s
root@server:/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild# time ./build version > /dev/null

real 0m0.078s
user 0m0.112s
sys 0m0.076s

It takes more than 2 seconds to execute the script, but it would be hard to say where are the other 3 seconds... What about the other tabs, do they work faster? May you list loading times of them? Also, I'm not yet sure about the default tab, "Edit options" might not be the most often used tab, so don't hesitate to post your suggestions about that too :)

Edit Options is giving me
Page load time: 3.0389 seconds
seems fair enough, 2 seconds to execute and 1 to load graphics?

so I may be out of line here but what comes from a ping on the server?
like Im getting
Minimum = 78ms, Maximum = 80ms, Average = 78ms

Last edited:
It takes more than 2 seconds to execute the script, but it would be hard to say where are the other 3 seconds... What about the other tabs, do they work faster? May you list loading times of them? Also, I'm not yet sure about the default tab, "Edit options" might not be the most often used tab, so don't hesitate to post your suggestions about that too :)

Here they are:

Edit options: 5
Build software: 3.6
Update software: 3.1 (2 updates available)
Custombuild Functions: 3.7
Update Software Configuration: 2.5
Customize Compilation: 2.3
Customize Versions: 1.7
Plugin Logs: 1.7

Not looking at the time, I would think Update software would be a good default tab, since once you have made your choices, you will probably regularly only update. And I believe you also see the amount of updates on the DA index behind the plugin so if you click that you will see what you can update. (that Ajax request for the number takes about 1.5 secs for me by the way).

Would there be more users that think that "Update software" should be the index page (main tab)? :) I like the idea.

I like it the way it is, but maybe after more experience with CB I may think differently , the 'Stats at a Glance' Is good for me :)

Would there be more users that think that "Update software" should be the index page (main tab)? :) I like the idea.

Back