[PLUGIN] CustomBuild 2.0

Would "admin" still be available in /etc/passwd?

I'm not sure - will it be if I change the admin username as follows?
/usr/local/direcatadmin/scripts/change_username.sh admin lkajsdf93

Would there be more users that think that "Update software" should be the index page (main tab)? :) I like the idea.

This might be cool - another idea for the updates would be to give each a checkbox so that you could select to update 9 out of 10.

For instance, I have a bunch of RoundCube customizations that get lost so I tend to only update that when necessary. If there are a bunch of updates aside from that we have to do them one at a time.

Please use the following files/folders for RoundCube customizations:
Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom/roundcube/plugins/
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom/roundcube/skins/
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom/roundcube/config.inc.php
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom/roundcube/.htaccess

Thanks - I've added them. What do you think about this on the admin user?

I'm not sure - will it be if I change the admin username as follows?
/usr/local/direcatadmin/scripts/change_username.sh admin lkajsdf93

That would break CustomBuild plugin. I will think about the solution for it, and I think that diradmin user could be used by default then in this case.

That would break CustomBuild plugin. I will think about the solution for it, and I think that diradmin user could be used by default then in this case.

;) Thank you. That's what I learned the hard way. haha I understand.

And thank you too for all your hard work! We all appreciate it.

Hello
This is a excellent plugin, thx so much smtalk ! Great work.

I found that this plugin does not work if the "admin" user is deleted(due ownership issue).

Thanks for the plugin!

Last edited:
After updating DA into 1.45.4 I'm getting "getpwuid error: Success".
Are you getting the same?

Plugin version 1.0.9

joelkal, does it work fine with version 1.0.10? Changes in 1.0.10:
Code:
* Admin account is not needed anymore to exist on the system
* The main window is now "Update Software"

Works now, thanks Martynas.
Also I found another bug I think in 1.0.10 the 'Edit Options' tab links into wrong page 'custombuild/index.html' instead of options page.

same here :(
seems 'edit options' and 'update software' are same page :confused:

I'm sorry for that :) Please try 1.0.11. Thank you for the report!

this is coming along very nicely,
a suggestion that may help some with nginx and nginx proxy.
if there were a way for us to enter the with....modules somewheres before doing the actual build would be nice.
an example is those that use the h264 pseudostreaming mod for apache need to compile nginx with the ngix version (even when used as proxy) before compiling.
if there were a spot where we could see the default compile options as well as add custom ones it would be super.

I don't know if its possible, but figured I would ask.
very well done Martynas

I upgraded and all seem fine :)
(do miss the on/off selection buttons ) :(

grr accidentally set php to mod_php while enabling event mpm and cannot set sites back up and running.
got the warning
Apache is running a threaded MPM, but your PHP Module is not compiled to be threadsafe.
and I new it was php issue so have recompiled php and apache, apache starts but getting connection reset error on sites.

grr accidentally set php to mod_php while enabling event mpm and cannot set sites back up and running.
got the warning

and I new it was php issue so have recompiled php and apache, apache starts but getting connection reset error on sites.

Please set MPM mode to auto, then reinstall Apache or just do the rewrite of configuration files after the change. You shouldn't run mod_php with event MPM :)

Back