only sendmail process in process monitor!

shivahost

Verified User
Dear Firends,

I can only see sendmail process in DA process monitor page! like attached image.

sometimes one of these takes long time and make high server load!

PHP FastCGI , CB2 , Apache 2.4.9 + Nginx , Memcached are installed.

Attachments

• 009533037909d34fd57461bb482382f8.png
    009533037909d34fd57461bb482382f8.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 132
Sendmail isn't available on DirectAdmin servers. I'm not a PHP expert but I'm guessing you're seeing a php program calling the sendmail interface, which is a link to exim.

Have you checked exim logs, trying to match the times, to see what may be going on in exim?

Jeff

Sendmail isn't available on DirectAdmin servers. I'm not a PHP expert but I'm guessing you're seeing a php program calling the sendmail interface, which is a link to exim.

Have you checked exim logs, trying to match the times, to see what may be going on in exim?

Jeff

Ok, But why I only see sendmail processes here?

What are you worried about ? spaming ?
have you check your mail que ?
do you have any warning in your directadmin notification panel about XXX email send by user xxx ?

What are you worried about ? spaming ?
have you check your mail que ?
do you have any warning in your directadmin notification panel about XXX email send by user xxx ?

Is this processlist normal? there is no apache or other process!

Is this processlist normal? there is no apache or other process!
The DirectAdmin Process monitor is an exact copy of the output of the shell top command but not limited only to the number of processes which fit into the shell window. Look at the top of the process list and you'll see multiple pages you can look at. The processes are listed from the top down (through the pages) based on how many resources they use.

Jeff

What load? The only way to decrease a load caused by sending email is to stop sending the email. Please be much more specific.

Jeff

I can only see sendmail process in DA process monitor page! like attached image.

Those are not sendmail processes. Those are PHP Fast CGI processes, and all those params are passed to a PHP programm when you run any php script on your www sites.

Those are not sendmail processes. Those are PHP Fast CGI processes, and all those params are passed to a PHP programm when you run any php script on your www sites.

this is the answer I am waiting for, thanks

@Petertjuh360

Open base dir differes from line to line, so that's PHP requests from different sites. And take note to how the commands start /usr/local/php53/bin/php-cgi53

I've got some servers with PHP-FPM under my maintenance and they list the same.

@Petertjuh360

Open base dir differes from line to line, so that's PHP requests from different sites. And take note to how the commands start /usr/local/php53/bin/php-cgi53

I've got some servers with PHP-FPM under my maintenance and they list the same.

Yes, but if you look at the email addresses being used it looks like they are being abused.

I would like to note that the process is not sendmail, but PHP. And it's a normal behaviour, because arguments/settings (php.ini-like) for php-fastcgi are provided in command-line. It's just a simple PHP process, it does not mean that emails are sent, however, if they would be, the default email address would be the one specified in command. You can change that in virtualhost templates, if you would like to.

same issue here, anyone can help

I just backup/restore from one server to other, in my new server, sendmail processes cost a lot of CPU and memory, anyone can give me a clue how to find the root reason of the issue?

Back