18 new duplicatel lines in options.conf

today (I updated yesterday) I see about 9000 cloud linux settings, mostly these. I just deleted them.
mysql_force_compile=
mysql_force_compile=
mysql_force_compile=
mysql_force_compile=
mysql_force_compile=
mysql_force_compile=
mysql_force_compile=
mysql_force_compile=
mysql_force_compile=

Do you remember what have you done before these lines appeared there?

yup, clicked Update CustomBuild and it updated me to v863, I was not far behind that version but cannot say for sure if I was on the immediate prior one.
I had to do it on earlier update also but I forget which one,

That's strange, please let me know if have that again. By the way, mysql_force_compile= is not a CloudLinux setting.

That's strange, please let me know if have that again. By the way, mysql_force_compile= is not a CloudLinux setting.

I know, however thats where it was. it was also (iirc) up higher where it normally it too.
I have done some updates and fresh installs over last 2 days and have not seen this happening again.

Please let me know here in the thread if you have any problems with the options.conf file, it would help greatly to know the commands executed when it got messed up. We were not able to reproduce that with the latest versions of the CustomBuild script on our testing systems. Thank you for the reports! :)

I started a new thread on this and didn't think to look at this one. But I am also getting this.

I got the empty appended duplicates on the version before 910
new_setting=yes
new_setting2=yes
new_setting=
new_setting2=

The only commands I used were
./build update_script
./build update
./build versions

and perhaps
./build rewrite_confs

May you remove that 4 lines at all, execute the commands again and check if it adds empty lines again? Thank you! :)

May you remove that 4 lines at all, execute the commands again and check if it adds empty lines again? Thank you! :)

OK, so ./build versions adds empty missing variables at every run.
Maybe it should tell the user to run some other command first to update his options.conf?
The problem is that on FreeBSD, we have to manually edit options.conf in order for CB to only install what we really want.

Last edited:
May you list the steps to reproduce it? A real option name which needs to be removed, and commands to be ran to see the issue. Thanks! :)

May you list the steps to reproduce it? A real option name which needs to be removed, and commands to be ran to see the issue. Thanks! :)

OK, so I commented out the following variables
Code:
#mysql_force_compile=no
#clamav_exim=no
#suhosin=no

then ran
Code:
./build versions

and ended up with this at the end of the file
Code:
mysql_force_compile=
clamav_exim=
suhosin=

Thank you for the steps to reproduce the problem :) Fixed in rev 920.

EDIT options.conf

I forgot to mention, if anyone else notices mysql_force_compile problems in the options.conf file, a fix to remove them is:
Code:
perl -pi -e 's/^mysql_force_compile=\n//' /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options.conf
perl -pi -e 's/^mysql_force_compile=no\n//' /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options.conf

BTW, thanks ditto for the report.

Thanks smtalk! You Saved MY DAY! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I had the same problem php2_release=7.2 has been set twice in the options.conf and I wasn't able to update php. From last night, I keep trying but nothing worked. Finally I came across this post and it saved my day.

This was the error, I was getting
Code:
# ./build php
php2_release=7.2
php2_release=7.2
php2_release=7.2
php2_release has been set twice in the options.conf.  This will cause problems. Edit it to remove one of them.

I used smtalk solution:-
Code:
# perl -pi -e 's/^php2_release=7.2\n//' /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options.conf

Still got error:-
Code:
# ./build php
Wrong php2_release set in the options.conf: .

Then I set:-
Code:
# ./build set php2_release 7.2

I changed PHP Mode Also:-
Code:
# perl -pi -e 's/^php2_mode=fastcgi\n//' /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options.conf

Code:
# ./build set php2_mode fastcgi
Changed php2_mode option from php-fpm to fastcgi

After this:-
Code:
# ./build php

Everything works out. Thanks smtalk!

Hi
i have problem:
Binary file /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options.conf matches php2_release has been set twice in the options.conf. This will cause problems. Edit it to remove one of them.
and i cannot find in options.conf
thanks

To start with, options.conf is not a binary file.

You can find it in the /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild directory.

Please next time create a new post and don't up old posts with new problems.

Back