18 new duplicatel lines in options.conf

ditto

Verified User
18 new duplicate lines in options.conf

I am running CB 2.0, the newest version of it. Today when I did a diff on all my servers options.conf file at /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options.conf, I find these 18 identical duplicate lines at the bottom of options.conf file in all my servers:

Code:
mysql_force_compile=
mysql_force_compile=
mysql_force_compile=
mysql_force_compile=
mysql_force_compile=
mysql_force_compile=
mysql_force_compile=
mysql_force_compile=
mysql_force_compile=
mysql_force_compile=
mysql_force_compile=
mysql_force_compile=
mysql_force_compile=
mysql_force_compile=
mysql_force_compile=
mysql_force_compile=
mysql_force_compile=
mysql_force_compile=

First of all, I would like to have explanation of the meaning of that line? Second, it should be a bug that it is listed 18 times in options.conf? Please look into this and give information about this.

(By the way, my servers is running CentOS 6.5 64bit)

Last edited:
Please run "./build version", is it rev 780? If not, update it to rev 780, remove these lines. They might be very old, a bug with mysql_force_compile was in rev 773, I think.

I was running this CB version: Version: 2.0.0-RC7 (rev: 778). EDIT: However I see you have released a new version just now, I upgraded to version: Version: 2.0.0-RC7 (rev: 780)

The duplicate lines was not very old, I always run ./build update when I work in Custombuild, and I regulary download a new copy of options.conf to my svn repository to view the diff to see if there is anything new or changed. The last time I downloaded a new updated copy of options.conf before I discovered these lines, was 18 of May. So the bug was not older then about a week.

However when I run ./build update now, I see this new line at the bottom is added:

mysql_force_compile=no

Then I remove all the duplicate lines that I posted in my first post, and run ./build update again, and problem is solved, it only add ONE new line, and it looks like this:

mysql_force_compile=no

So, you must have done something today or very recently to fix this in version 780. Thank you for the fix.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention, if anyone else notices mysql_force_compile problems in the options.conf file, a fix to remove them is:
Code:
perl -pi -e 's/^mysql_force_compile=\n//' /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options.conf
perl -pi -e 's/^mysql_force_compile=no\n//' /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options.conf

BTW, thanks ditto for the report.

Thanks, Martynas...

And now a wuick question from me: Since CustomBuild 2 is still beta; do we need to update it when you bring out new versons by saving options.conf, remove old custombuild directory, and install new CustomBuild 2 and then diff on options.conf, or will it update itself?

Thanks.

Jeff

options.conf file updates itself, you don't need to worry about it :)

I think I've confused myself, Martynas. I'm not concerned about options.conf; I'm cocerned about how to update custombuild 2 while it's in beta.

I now understand from your reply I don't need to worry about saving options.conf, but I'm still not sure now I'd update custombuild since it's in beta.

Jeff

Thanks, Alex. Now that I've completely switched over to CustomBuild 2 I just wanted to make sure it's updating itself.

Jeff

Hello SMtalk

Everytime I run ./build update
the following lines are added to options.conf

mysql_force_compile=no
pureftpd_uploadscan=no
proftpd_uploadscan=no
clamav_exim=yes
apache_mpm=auto
harden_symlinks_patch=yes
opcache=no
suhosin=no
suhosin_php_uploadscan=no
mysql_force_compile=
pureftpd_uploadscan=
proftpd_uploadscan=
clamav_exim=
apache_mpm=
harden_symlinks_patch=
opcache=
suhosin=
suhosin_php_uploadscan=

If i run it multiple times its also added multiple times ?!

./build version
2.0.0-RC7 (rev: 802)

Beste Regards,

Marco

That's really strange. May you remove all the duplicate lines? Or just do:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
mv options.conf options.conf.backup
./build

That would re-create your options.conf file. Please let me know if you still have the problem after that, because you shouldn't. Thank you :)

I had the same happen last night when I switched over to CB2.
Probably due to lack of knowledge and experience I noticed CB2 used the options-file from CB1, and just added it's own config lines to the old CB1 lines.
Only after trying again without options.conf present it went well after that.

Maybe there should be some file-checks made before writing configlines to the options.conf first?

In my situation I probably tried to do too many things at one time as I had also installed the CB-plugin under DA and tried to work with that for a while, but went back to the CLI later on.

I also noticed squirrelmail kept being in the list of available updates eventhough I had entered NO in the options.conf.
Only after editing options.conf in the CLI, possible Squirrelmail-updates weren't shown anymore.

(In the end I wasted 5 hours at night trying to update everything on my server, as of the 60+ websites, just 2 phpbb-forums didn't run anymore due to the MySQL-update, so, reluctantly, I had to undo 5 hours of work and fall back to a snapshot I made earlier)

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused because I've thought that when converting to CustomBuild 2 you end up with a new directory path with a new options.conf file. Am I wrong? I'm going to be moving a client to CustomBuild 2 next week and I'd of course like to get it right the first time :).

Thanks.

Jeff

I did read that; that's where I got the understanding that the old options.conf file would not get picked up.

Thanks.

Jeff

As far as I know the issue happens if someone fails to follow the offficial guide posted here on the forums and use an old options.conf from 1.x with 2.0. That's it. Are you going to do the same?

Thanks, Alex. I do not planning on using the old options.conf file; I always do an intelloigent human study and make changes manually to the new one. As I believe everyone should :).

Jeff

There is still an issue with the options.conf file when redirect_host=<empty> is present above the fixed redirect_host entry.

Version: 2.0.0-RC7 (rev: 832)

Every time i run ./build update 2 new lines get added:
redirect_host=<hostname>
redirect_host=<hostname>

Each time, so I have got dozens of these lines.

If you remove the redirec_host=<empty> line then its fixed.

Last edited:
Yes, recently have I found out that on many servers with CB 2.0 the options.conf got messed. The issue was also faced with "use new suphp" (not sure about its spelling) option as for now it went out of use. To solve the issue with options.conf I had to build options.conf from a scratch: I renamed it to options.conf~ and allowed custombuild to set a default one, later I changed options to meet my needs.

Please let me know here in the thread if you have any problems with the options.conf file, it would help greatly to know the commands executed when it got messed up. We were not able to reproduce that with the latest versions of the CustomBuild script on our testing systems. Thank you for the reports! :)

Back