Problem with Imagick - Wrong JPEG library version: library is 62, caller expects 80

JohnyByk

Verified User
Hi.

When i want to use imagick i see the following error:
Code:
Wrong JPEG library version: library is 62, caller expects 80

System: Debian 7.0 64-bit
DA: 1.454
Apache 2.4.9 with mod_php 5.3.28 + mod_ruid
Imagick: 3.1.2

Maybe someone know how to resolve this problem?

Regards

Downgrade Imagick to 3.1.0 solve the problem.
Probably jpeg library is to old for newer Imagick

Downgrade is easy but no best way :]

Regards

I've had the same problem on one of our servers. Debian 7.8 64-bit, DA 1.47, Apache 2.4.12, PHP 5.5.23 (FPM), Imagick 3.1.2. I tried downgrading Imagick to 3.1.0 and even older versions, also beta versions. It didn't help.

PHP info shows libJPEG version 6b, I think that's the problem. There're newer versions available and Imagick requires (at least) libjpeg8. My installation of ImageMagick (with apt-get) installed libjpeg8 as a dependency in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu and custombuild installed libjpeg 6b in /usr/local/lib, the last is used for PHP compile. I changed my configure.php55 to use /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu as libjpeg dir, but than PHP compile stops with error about GD and some more. So this seems a little harder to solve. I checked why custombuild installed libjpeg 6b, but this is hardcode in the build script (JPEGFILE=jpegsrc.v6b.tar.gz) and it doesn't exist in versions.txt. In http://files1.directadmin.com/services/custombuild/ I see newer versions of libjpeg, eg. jpegsrc.v9a.tar.gz. I can change this variable in the build script, but I can imagine there's a good reason why this is an old version and hard coded. Can someone explain why we need to use such old version of libjpeg and if it's possible to update it and build PHP with a recent version?
Code:
# ./build version
2.0.0-RC7 (rev: 1278)

Back