DirectAdmin 1.46.0 has been released

DirectAdmin Support

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

We're pleased to announce the release of DirectAdmin 1.46.0.
This is a major release with many large changes, so keep an eye out for any issues..

Note: If you're running CustomBuild 2.0 with Php-FPM, you must be using Apache 2.4.10.

All changes are listed here, in the versions system:
directadmin.com/versions.php?version=1.460000

New Features:

Bugfixes:

Plus many more changes.
See the full list for more information.

John

after updating i get lot of following error when i try to make backups

PHP Warning: parse_ini_file() has been disabled for security reasons in /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/backup_roundcube.php on line 67
PHP Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/backup_roundcube.php on line 104
Failed to connect to MySQL: (1045) Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO)

EDIT:
I have this error message on 2 of my servers with DA after update to 1.46
With 1.45.4 i dont had this problem so definitely a bug

Last edited:
When updating Directadmin binary it does not change php.ini, so you might need to check php.ini modification time and remove parse_ini_file from a list of disabled functions.

Thanks !
After removing parse_ini_file it seems to be fine, but is this not a security hole ? or is it not really a security problem ?

Hi, I have similar problem after the upgrade, parse_ini_file is enabled.
With $high_access_connection = FALSE;
Code:
Error connecting to MySQL: Access denied for user 'da_admin'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
With $high_access_connection = TRUE;
Code:
Error connecting to MySQL: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

I've also put $config['db_dsnw'] credentials directly to backup_roundcube.php, but still have "using password: NO".

Hello,

After i update from DA 1.45.x to 1.46 i can not manage mysql from within DA, anyone else have this problem?
Check and repair database shows nothing in DA, not even error.

Running Centos 6 and 5, php 5.3.29, apache 2.4.10 en CB 1.2

Thanks.

@ErikM

Same problem here, it sure a bug, i have the same config as you but im running CB 2.0

Hello,

To clarify, what you *do* see is the normal database page, but with a table of 0 databases?

As I've not been able to duplicate that on our end, if possible, I may need to debug that on the server itself.
I'm suspecting a possible mysql client library mismatch, but not too sure yet.

DA uses a MySQL library function to get the list:
Code:
MYSQL_RES *res = mysql_list_dbs(&con, "fred\\_%");
so that's my guess as to where the issue is (not the DA code itself, but something with the library)

We also compile them in such a manner that the library is in the DA binaries, and not linked to.
Confirm like this
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin
ldd directadmin | grep mysql
which should not return any mysql client links.... which is done that way to prevent any client library mismatches.. but that's to be determined once we figure this out.

Also include the compile date:
Code:
./directadmin o

John

This happend only with this version, when you go to in DA
MySQL Management section you see your databases and when you try to repair or optimaze it shows nothing , not the table or any error, it only shows

Results

Details

Thats it, the ony changes i have made is update to 1.46 the 1.45.4 doesnt had this

Since this update my admin backups fail with permission denied errors. This refers to files hat are created by apache with user 'apache' and group 'apache'. Directadmin never stumbled over those files before. Can this be remedied?

Jan

And another one: if you don't use roundcube and have removed the da_roundcube mysql database you'll get error messages that da_roundcube is missing when making backups. Adding an empty da_roundcube database leads to errormessages with no text at all!? I had to restore the da_roundcube tables from a server where I still had them.

And another one: if you don't use roundcube and have removed the da_roundcube mysql database you'll get error messages that da_roundcube is missing when making backups. Adding an empty da_roundcube database leads to errormessages with no text at all!? I had to restore the da_roundcube tables from a server where I still had them.
That wouldn't be anything new. DA goes through all files before the backup, and anything that cannot be read as "username" is copied to the non_readable_files directory in the backup. The catch is if the files are created after the check, but before the tar.gz is created. The fix for that is to use the --ignore-failed-read option with tar:
http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=792
Code:
extra_backup_option=--ignore-failed-read

For roundcube, for now just disable the option:
http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=1062

the script does return -1 which DA should be seeing.
But.. I've just tested it, and the -1 exit value isn't showing that in DA:
Code:
RoundCube Backup Error (65280): There is no da_roundcube database. Skipping RoundCube backup.
not 100% sure why. I've done some testing and most of the numbers are not coming out of php exactly as set (but are at least consistent)... so as a workaround within DA itself, I've also also specified 65280 to do the same thing as -1, if returned. May be related to our execle call, not sure. Anyway, this should suppress the issue for the next release of DA.

Also waiting for confirmation of the MySQL repair/optimize/check issue being resolved in the pre-release binaries, and we can get 1.46.1 out.

John

Ah, it's the repair/check/optimize actions.
I'm able to duplicate that.
Bug found, and should be fixed.

If you can, please try the pre-release binaries:
http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=408

and report back if that resolves the issue for you.
Once confirmed, I can release 1.46.1.

John

Hello John,

Does this apply only for @Active8 or also for me, because i have the problem with CB 1.2 ?

ErikM

The MySQL check/repair/optimize bug applies to DA itself, and is not related to CustomBuild.
So this would apply to everyone with 1.46.0, including you.
If you can test it out and report if the pre-release binaries fix the issue for you, then I can release 1.46.1.

John

The MySQL check/repair/optimize bug applies to DA itself, and is not related to CustomBuild.
So this would apply to everyone with 1.46.0, including you.
If you can test it out and report if the pre-release binaries fix the issue for you, then I can release 1.46.1.

John

Hello John,

I can confirm that it works like a charm. :)

ErikM

Using custombuild 1.1, I am trying to apply the patch to phpMyAdmin to enable the BFM to scan the PMA logs.

Patching fails with,

Code:
patch -p0 < pma_auth_logging.patch
patching file libraries/common.inc.php
Hunk #1 FAILED at 872.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file libraries/common.inc.php.rej
patching file libraries/logging.lib.php
Hunk #1 succeeded at 8 with fuzz 2 (offset -3 lines).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 69 (offset -5 lines).

Anyone else experiencing this issue? How could the problem be corrected?

Thanks.

Using custombuild 1.1, I am trying to apply the patch to phpMyAdmin to enable the BFM to scan the PMA logs.

Patching fails with,

Code:
patch -p0 < pma_auth_logging.patch
Hunk #1 FAILED at 872.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? How could the problem be corrected?

Thanks.

I came across the same issue :
Code:
bash-3.2# patch -p0 < pma_auth_logging.patch
Hunk #1 FAILED at 869.
bash-3.2# cat libraries/common.inc.php.rej
*** 869,874 ****
          $auth_plugin = new $auth_class($plugin_manager);

if (! $auth_plugin->authCheck()) {
              /* Force generating of new session on login */
              PMA_secureSession();
              $auth_plugin->auth();
--- 869,877 ----
          $auth_plugin = new $auth_class($plugin_manager);

if (! $auth_plugin->authCheck()) {
+             //DA logging
+             log_to_file('', "not authenticated");