DirectAdmin 1.46.1 has been released

DirectAdmin Support

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

We're pleased to announce the release of DirectAdmin 1.46.1.

This is primarily a minor bugfix release, but has few new features as well.

Bugfixes:

Features:

See the full list of changes for more information.

John

We backup from the command line, due to the addition of the RoundCube option this is now failing:

2014:09:25-00:58:20: RoundCube Backup Error (1280): U
nable to open /home/admin/admin_backups/admin/backup/
betapark.co.uk/email/data/roundcube.xml for writing.
Unable to backup RoundCube Data.

Is this a bug? Is the only solution to disable RC backups via directadmin.conf?

Bug

We backup from the command line, due to the addition of the RoundCube option this is now failing:

2014:09:25-00:58:20: RoundCube Backup Error (1280): U
nable to open /home/admin/admin_backups/admin/backup/
betapark.co.uk/email/data/roundcube.xml for writing.
Unable to backup RoundCube Data.

Is this a bug? Is the only solution to disable RC backups via directadmin.conf?

This does indeed look like a bug, as I have the same problem on our servers.
What is the command to turn off the RoundCube backups in directadmin.conf ? (Or can this be done in the Admin settings?)

Kind regards

directadmin.conf option to turn the feature off:
Code:
skip_roundcube_in_backups=1

Looks like php 5.3 defaults to having safe_mode=on when no php.ini is specified (very annoying behavior)
Code:
[server]# php -i -n | grep safe_modesafe_mode => On => On
I ended up having to set the shebang line as follows:
Code:
#!/usr/local/bin/php -c/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/php_clean.ini
where I created the php_clean.ini to shut off safe_mode and set the open_basedir to be blank... and clear the disable_functions as well. (also took me a few tries to figure out that -c /usr cannot have any spaces, the shell only allows 1 shebang option)
https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=1659

While I was at it, I found why the return codes were not correct, so that's fixed too (applies to any exec area):
https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=1660

I've uploaded these changes to the pre-release section:
http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=408

If I could get a few affected people to give them a try, and report back here if that fixes it, then I'll release 1.46.2 with the changes.
Make sure you remove the skip_rounducbe_in_backups option from your directadmin.conf when testing.

Thanks!

John

I upgraded yesterday also to this new version 1.46.1 and I have now the same problem. The backups are failing completely. It's not only the roundcube backup that fails to backup but also a lot of files of the different uses/websites. It seems more that the backup now runs with less rights as before?

Upgraded yesterday but last night's backup seemed to have worked nicely for me. No errors.

-
Small tidbit I just noticed, the backup-report message seems to give out an extended log of what's backed up with finish times. Nice.

However, on the lower most right of the screen, the link 'From: Message System" contains a link to 'diradmin'-user, which when clicked on tries to open "/CMD_SHOW_USER?user=diradmin", which results in following error-page;

"Unable to show user

Details
Error reading his/her user files"

Looks like php 5.3 defaults to having safe_mode=on when no php.ini is specified (very annoying behavior)
Code:
[server]# php -i -n | grep safe_modesafe_mode => On => On
I ended up having to set the shebang line as follows:
Code:
#!/usr/local/bin/php -c/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/php_clean.ini
where I created the php_clean.ini to shut off safe_mode and set the open_basedir to be blank... and clear the disable_functions as well. (also took me a few tries to figure out that -c /usr cannot have any spaces, the shell only allows 1 shebang option)
https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=1659

While I was at it, I found why the return codes were not correct, so that's fixed too (applies to any exec area):
https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=1660

I've uploaded these changes to the pre-release section:
http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=408

If I could get a few affected people to give them a try, and report back here if that fixes it, then I'll release 1.46.2 with the changes.
Make sure you remove the skip_rounducbe_in_backups option from your directadmin.conf when testing.

Thanks!

John

Just loaded 1.46.2. Nice to have script messages back in DA :)

That just means your versions.txt is not updated.
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
1.46.2 is correct.

John

DA showed update available of 1.46.2 (I was running 1.46.1), so I clicked on it and I installed it. The update was queued, but I received an email an error occured. Now the DA service is down. Luckily the sites are still running and only DA-service seems to be affected. What should I do now, to get back to 1.46.1 (which has the backup problem), or to correctly install 1.46.2?
Thank you very much in advance!

May you let us know what's the error in /var/log/directadmin/error.log ? Thank you! :)

May you let us know what's the error in /var/log/directadmin/error.log ? Thank you! :)
Off course. Here is what I found:
error.log : contains only an empty line
error.log-20140928 (this file dates of today, so the day when I tried to install the update):
Code:
2014:09:22-10:11:43: Socket write error: fd is connected to a pipe or socket whose reading end is closed.  When this  happens the writing process will also receive a SIG_PIPE signal.  (Thus, the write return value is seen only if  the program catches, blocks or ignores this signal.)

It would be great to get the output of the following too:
Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin o

It would be great to get the output of the following too:
Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin o

It says: Segmentatiefout (this is Dutch for "segmentation fault", since Linux installation is in Dutch)

Are you sure the OS set in the license matches OS installed on the server?

I'd faced the same issue on a customer's server with the correct OS in the license.

A re-update fixed the issue.

so try /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build update_da

Regards

Last edited:
I'd faced the same issue on a customer's server with the correct OS in the license.

A re-update fixed the issue.

so try /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build update_da

Regards

Awesome, thank you very much, your suggestion did the trick! OS license info was indeed also correct for my license. A little note (in case other people are looking for a solution too), the actual command is:
Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build update_da

Back