"Show All Users".

Now click on "admin" that is shown under the "Name" column. Next click
on "Modify Reseller Admin" and it returns an error "Unable to read
packages file".

Go back and click on "root" shown under the "Creator" column and it
returns an error "Unable to show reseller: Details: Error reading his
files" message.

This seems like a bug.

Now select, the first entry and delete it. It'd say user deleted.
However, when you go back to list users it still shows the deleted entry.

Thx.

Hey,

On your Error 1, I don't see that message... I can modify user admin as needed.

Error 2 seems logical to me. There is no "root" user in DA. So, it wouldn't find any files...

On your last part... Why would you want to delete the "admin" user? :^)

David

Look at User List ..

If there is no "root" user, then why does DA list a "root" user?
..and the reason I want to delete that entry is because I already have one more admin...

Thx.

Hey,

DA doesn't list it as a "root" user... The "root" you are pointing to is listed under "Creator", not as a "User".

The server/OS has a "root" user which created the "admin" user for DA when it was installed.

But, to my knowledge DA does not have a "root" user.

What am I missing?

David

Now click on "admin" that is shown under the "Name" column. Next click
on "Modify Reseller Admin" and it returns an error "Unable to read
packages file".

It does happen for me as well, although I don't think its a bug since the admin user is all 3 possible levels (admin, reseller, user).
I would think its because the settings apply to all levels so you can't really apply settings to yourself on the same level. At least thats what I think, I could be wrong and this really is a bug but I'm just thinking why would you want to impose a limit on yourself as the administrator of the entire server? Is that such a good idea?

Hey,

Now click on "admin" that is shown under the "Name" column. Next click on "Modify Reseller Admin" and it returns an error "Unable to read packages file".

I don't get that error... I get the screen to modify the admin account.

Shrug...

David

skruf said:
But, to my knowledge DA does not have a "root" user.

What am I missing?
The way DA is designed, each user must have a parent (which is called the Creator on the page in question). Because the admin user is created by the system at install time, the system root user is the parent of the admin.

This has nothing to do with Linux; only with the way DA is designed.

Of course there are no DA files for root, which is the reason for the error.

Jeff

jmstacey said:
It does happen for me as well, although I don't think its a bug since the admin user is all 3 possible levels (admin, reseller, user).
I would think its because the settings apply to all levels so you can't really apply settings to yourself on the same level.
I get the same error on a brand new box, on which I haven't set up any packages, but not on an older system which has a package set up for the admin user.

So my guess is that the admin's reseller and user levels are set up on the server install, but unless you've created and set up a package and applied it, you'll get this error.

Jeff

Hey,

The way DA is designed, each user must have a parent (which is called the Creator on the page in question). Because the admin user is created by the system at install time, the system root user is the parent of the admin.

This has nothing to do with Linux; only with the way DA is designed.

Of course there are no DA files for root, which is the reason for the error.

Jeff

Could you clarify this for me... I thought that was basically what I posted.

Since you quoted my post I thought I'd ask...

David

I was attempting to clarify the reason "root" is used as the creator.

Why did I attempt to clarify it?

Because you wrote "What am I missing".

Jeff

jlasman said:
I was attempting to clarify the reason "root" is used as the creator.

Why did I attempt to clarify it?

Because you wrote "What am I missing".

Jeff

Ah, I see...

However, I really wasn't missing anything... and that should have been evident by my post...

FYI, the "What am I missing" was asking the original poster what my response was missing as they did not seem to understand the explaination.

David

Back