NS cant find a way to point to a different IP

noonbaja

hi Iam wondering to understand Debian 7
Domain Created

Details

User added to named.conf file successfully
Added record ns1.vupoo.com. A 192.99.184.226 to satisfy vupoo.com. NS ns1.vupoo.com.
Added record ns2.vupoo.com. A 192.99.184.226 to satisfy vupoo.com. NS ns2.vupoo.com.
Please check the zone for vupoo.com to ensure the nameserver A records are correct.

Domain Created Successfully

Iam need to make a ns1.vupoo.com point too 192.99.184.227 not 192.99.184.226 how can I make it point to the other IP address when adding the domain name I look at the domain DNs admin part of it cant seam to find what Iam looking for

I'm not sure of your question. Are you using the DirectAdmin control panel for webhosting? If not, then you're in the wrong place.

If you are, then you only set up A records for ns1.example.tld and ns2.example.tld for the domains which actually have the nameservers, and you can change the IP#s one time, manually, if the automatic setup doesn't give you the A recod IP# values you want.

At the reseller level you can set up what nameservers are assigned to each of the new domains you create, but they don't require A records and IP#s, only NS records.

If you're using DirectAdmin then please be more specific with your question.

Thanks.

Jeff

Back