Roundcube 1.1.0 released

unihostbrasil

Verified User
This is the next major version 1.1 of Roundcube webmail. With this milestone we introduce new features since version 1.0 as well as some clean-up with the 3rd party libraries:

• Allow searching across multiple folders
  • Improved support for screen readers and assistive technology using WCAG 2.0 and WAI ARIA standards
  • Update to TinyMCE 4.1 to support images in HTML signatures (copy & paste)
  • Added namespace filter and folder searching in folder manager
  • New config option to disable UI elements/actions
  • Stronger password encryption using OpenSSL
  • Support for the IMAP SPECIAL-USE extension
  • Support for Oracle as database backend
  • Manage 3rd party libs with Composer

And of course plenty of small improvements and bug fixes.

In addition to that, we added a new features to improve protection against possible but yet unknown CSRF attacks - thanks to the help of Kolab Systems who supplied the concept and development resources for this.

Read the full list of changes here:
http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Changelog

IMPORTANT: with the 1.1.x series, we drop support for PHP < 5.3.7 and Internet Explorer < 9. IE7/IE8 support can be restored by enabling the legacy_browser plugin.

After some testing, it seems to work fine.
I've added it to files1.
They're now using a different naming format for the tar.gz, so I just renamed it after the download.

John

Not too sure how it was earlier, but now roundcube comes with .htaccess which is among the other lines having the following lines:

Code:
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^favicon\.ico$ skins/larry/images/favicon.ico

it causes a 500 error with the following text in error_logs:

Code:
[Wed Feb 11 00:33:36.922619 2015] [core:alert] [pid 14411:tid 140683015071488] [client 109.bb.cc.69:53388] /var/www/html/roundcube/.htaccess: Option FollowSymLinks not allowed here[Wed Feb 11 00:35:07.254358 2015] [fcgid:error] [pid 15630:tid 140683527546624] mod_fcgid: process /usr/local/safe-bin/fcgid53.sh(6573) exit(communication error), get unexpected signal 11

as we have

Code:
# head /etc/httpd/conf/extra/httpd-hostname.conf<Directory /var/www/html>
        Options +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch +IncludesNoExec
        AllowOverride AuthConfig FileInfo Indexes Limit Options=Includes,IncludesNOEXEC,Indexes,ExecCGI,MultiViews,SymLinksIfOwnerMatch,None

and apache built without harden_symlinks_patch

Code:
root@server:/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild# grep patch options.conf
harden_symlinks_patch=no

So I guess we need CustomBuild to replace +FollowSymLinks with +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch in /var/www/html/roundcube/.htaccess

Changing +FollowSymLinks to +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch in the /var/www/html/roundcube/.htaccess file fixes the 500 error.

We will need a CustomBuild patch to deal with this for future version updates...

Hello,

Thanks for the reports.
I've added a perl regex to the roundcube install section of all 3 CB versions to swap the .htaccess.
Changes added to files1, so allow up to 24 hours for rsync.

Once updated, you can use this to have CB swap it for you:
Code:
./build update
./build roundcube
or just do it manually by editing the .htaccess.

John

I'm trying to get secure url to work but I get 404 error and additional 403 error. I added
Code:
RewriteRule ^/roundcube/[a-f0-9]{16}/(.*) /roundcube/$1 [PT,L]
within
Code:
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c> </IfModule>
and added secureurl in config.inc.php. Can anybody help me to get it to work? Thanks

Back