Passing away of forum moderator "nobaloney"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know Jeff in a personal way, but I feel as shocked and touched after reading this news as if I have lost a good friend.
Its been many years for me reading Jeff's posts, looking for his comments and opinions full of wisdom and good judgment when a problem arose for us as a community.
Many times he helped me with my issues even without knowing me, just because he wanted to.
Jeff, you were a true pillar of this community and the space yo leave will be difficult to fill by someone else. For sure we'll miss you around.
My prayers are with you and your family.
Thanks a lot, Jeff!

It's really touching to read all these kind words about Jeff. It definitely feels like we lost a very good friend. :(

Online communities can seem impersonal at times, but they are still communities. Jeff was a big "giver" to this community and a genuinely good soul.

:(

His posts here were a great help to me and I thank him for this. May the good karma he brought be passed on to his loved ones.

It was a pleasure to know You, to talk to You on the phone and to see all of Your contribution here. We will miss You. Rest in peace in heaven, Jeff :(

Reading back in some topics where Jeff replied in, I think it would be a good idea to change his member status or rank to show he's no longer active and amongst us on the forum.
I can imagine newer/unaware members stumbling on his posts will still maybe try to email, PM or reply to his posts in topics.

I knew Jeff for about five or six years. His cabinet was next to mine in the datacenter we do business and I would help him out quite a bit with remote hands stuff. About a year ago he started working towards scaling down and switching over to Dedicated servers at the same datacenter, where I also happen to work as well.

Anyhow we had talked off and on over the past four years about possible merging our businesses. We had gotten together many times for dinner and interesting chats. Boy could he talk!!!!

The day before he passed away, he called me from the hospital to tell me that he was dying and wanted to know if I would take over the business for him. Naturally I agreed to honor his dying wishes and right now I am in the midst of a little battle with a rather unethical Rabbi that Jeff had given Power of Attorney to.

Those who have servers or accounts with Jeff please let me know right away so I can work on making the transitions as smooth as possible.

Throughout the years and every problem I've encountered, he has always been there to help me and help other. A big loss, I will really miss him. RIP Jeff, may god give courage to his family.

Throughout the years and every problem I've encountered, he has always been there to help me and help other. A big loss, I will really miss him. RIP Jeff, may god give courage to his family.

He would help me out on many occasions as well when I would run up against something that had me totally stumped only to realize it was something I completely overlooked

Sad news, my deepest condolences to the family and friends. I will always remember the great person you were, all the help you gave to us disinterestedly and everything we have learned thanks to you Jeff.

I will never forget you and your legacy will live in this and other communities.

Rest in peace

Last edited:
Sad news, my deepest condolences to the family and friends. I will always remember the great person you were, all the help you gave to us disinterestedly and everything we have learned thanks to you Jeff.

I will never forget you and your legacy will live in this and other communities.

Rest in peace

When Jeff and I first met we were moving his gear from the datacenter's old location to the new location and at first his name did not ring a bell with me until someone mentioned NoBaloney and then I put two and two together. I took a moment to introduce myself and mention how I read many of his posts on here and how they were very informative even if it took some time for a dumb Irishman like me to wrap my head around what he was saying. From there we became friends and would get together on many occasions to chat and have dinner.

But right from the get-go he let me know if I ever needed any help to let him know right away. From there I was blessed to have his help on many occasions including a few times when I was close to a near panic.

Getting that phone call from him two weeks ago while he was in the hospital telling me that he was dying really shook me up. All I could think of at the moment was how Jeff must have been feeling knowing that he was not going to be leaving there. His last words to me were about asking me to take over his business, something we talked about on many occasions but always thought about it as just talk amongst two friends. Needless to say I was floored and for the last week I have been going over documents and records he has to get a handle on things.

Right now I kind of feel like Harry Truman did when FDR passed away and he felt like he had the whole world fall on top of him.

i dont have any words i am surprised He was such an hero R.I.P. Jeff.

My condolences to the familiy & friends, For so far as outstander i and i guess most of us could see is the dedication, skill and effort mr no balony put in this forum, directadmin and the hosting scene. He deserves the upmost respect from us all.

Goodbye mr nobalony.., May you find your path in this matrix of stardust, rest in peace sir.

Soul.

For the 8+ years we have been using DA, Jeff has always been like the elder oracle of the community being able to contribute from his wealth of knowledge. We had the pleasure of dealing with Jeff via phone a few times, he was always incredibly witty and entertaining. His huge personality will be sorely missed.

RIP Jeff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back