1 email to 1000 recipients / receivers

Duboux

Verified User
Hi,

I have a couple of clients that use Outlook or w/e generally used mailclient on their computer, that want to send 1 email to a whole list of recipients in 1 go..

Exim-conf allows only: recipients_max=150
And I think that's fine, as I read that if a mail consists of over 100 recipients a spam-flag goes up.

Instead of having to educate my clients to how my system works, is there a way that exim can chunk up a large-recipients-mail into multiple mails of say 100 recipients, or send it just one by one ?

There is a client with a list of > 1000 recipients

Thanks

Majordomo is not supporting html and attachments, right ?

Plus it's another item I have to educate my clients on, and then another list of steps my client has to do.
They just want to be able to send to 1K in one go, like they were allowed to at their previous host. :(
(and they are right, they shouldn't need to adjust. It should just work)

That's not true. Majordomo resends emails keeping their original format whether it is PLAIN text or HTML, it won't change it.

A quick search with Google brought me to this thread: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/exim/users/81537

That's not something an MTA should do. Basically, when you do that, you
are altering the message, which is obviously not an MTA's job.

You should however be able to do it by piping your messages through a perl
(or other language) script which will split the message and resubmit it to
exim. To do this, create a router which uses a transport like this one:
splitpipe:
driver = pipe
command = /script/splitpipe.cgi
Don't forget that your script must resubmit the splitted messages to exim.

Interesting Zeiter, thank you !

I'll have a look to change the step in Exim after it finds out there are more recipients than recipients_max, and then in stead of removing the mail from the queue, to also send it to a splitpipe command

And I'll google for splitpipe.cgi, hopefully I'll find an already written script ;)

Back