htscanner=no
php_ini=no
php_timezone=Asia/Hong_Kong
php_ini_type=production
ioncube=no
zend=no
suhosin=no
x_mail_header=yes

I googled for multiple versions in DirectAdmin and it should be able to do it. Also in option.conf, there is php2 which is able to set.
But all tutorial will set php1_mode and php2_mode with different values.

I saw mod_php, php-fpm and suphp. Actually I don't know what is it. But currently I use nginx for my HTTPD proxy.
And now I have some websites using a BIG5 encoding. If a user input a non-BIG5 character, the rest of the string after that character will become null when they save this string into MySQL database. After the investigation, this is not MySQL's fault. So it must be either PHP version or nginx.

And what's I gonna do. I want to know if I can use the same mode in both PHP 5.5 and PHP 5.4.
- If not, which mode should I use for PHP 5.4 (I don't want to make changes to PHP 5.5)

Or the above issue is related to nginx, how can I disable it?

Thank you very much.

About the Big5 encoding, I have no experience with that encoding specifically but personally it sounds more of a config/programming issue; either in MySQL (collation), PHP: I'd say converting functions within your code, or browser: header character encoding of through the meta tag.

Unless you have the same website at another setup running perfectly, then I'd look for config files like 'default_charset' in php.ini; but encoding issues are something to be dealt with on application level.

About the Big5 encoding, I have no experience with that encoding specifically but personally it sounds more of a config/programming issue; either in MySQL (collation), PHP: I'd say converting functions within your code, or browser: header character encoding of through the meta tag.

Unless you have the same website at another setup running perfectly, then I'd look for config files like 'default_charset' in php.ini; but encoding issues are something to be dealt with on application level.

I don't think it is a programming issue cause after I upgraded PHP and MySQL, it failed.
So it should be some compatibility issue.

Back