php2_release=5.6
php2_mode=mod_php

After running ./build update, ./build versions shows this as output:

Code:
Latest version of PHP 7.0: 7.0.1
Installed version of PHP 7.0: 7.0.1

Latest version of PHP (mod_php): 5.6.16
Installed version of PHP (mod_php): 7.0.1

PHP 5.6 (mod_php) 7.0.1 to 5.6.16 update is available.

As you can see the first PHP version is handled OK, but the second isn't. Can I fix this on my side with some setting, or is this a DA bug?

Hello,

That seems to be a bug in custombuild script.

And mod_php is not recommended to use with other PHP modes, so you should either use php-cgi (fastcgi, fpm, suphp) for the both versions or a single version of PHP as mod_php.

Thanks, I changed mod_php to php-fpm as well, so both now run the fpm version. After a new build the result is different:

Code:
Latest version of PHP 5.6: 5.6.16
Installed version of PHP 5.6: 5.6.16

Seems to work OK now! Maybe DA still needs a fix for if you use both mod_php and php-fpm.

In options.conf I use the following settings:

Code:
php1_release=7.0
php1_mode=php-fpm
php2_release=5.6
php2_mode=mod_php

After running ./build update, ./build versions shows this as output:

Code:

Latest version of PHP (mod_php): 5.6.16
Installed version of PHP (mod_php): 7.0.1

PHP 5.6 (mod_php) 7.0.1 to 5.6.16 update is available.

As you can see the first PHP version is handled OK, but the second isn't. Can I fix this on my side with some setting, or is this a DA bug?

Was "./build php n" executed before checking "./build versions"? If it wasn't, it's a normal behaviour, because CustomBuild checks the output of "/usr/local/bin/php -v" for the installed version.

Yes, I executed ./build php before, without the "n" option.

I've found the issue. CustomBuild always set php1_release to have a binary in /usr/local/bin/php. If the 2nd version of PHP is installed as mod_php, it's binary is not placed in /usr/local/bin/php. I'd suggest using another PHP mode for php2 to solve the problem :)

Already did that and it works. Thanks for your help as well!

Sorry for bringing back this old thread but my question is extremely related.
Is it correct to install PHP_mod as 1st PHP (for example v 7) and php-fpm for the second (v 5.6)?
Thank you!

And mod_php is not recommended to use with other PHP modes, so you should either use php-cgi (fastcgi, fpm, suphp) for the both versions or a single version of PHP as mod_php.

and here
https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=459

it stand for
The php1_mode set to php-fpm defines that 5.6 will use php-fpm. You could set php2_mode to use mod_php or suphp if you wish (or vice versa with php1_mode).

So, my question IS:

is this is wrong configuration?

Code:
php1_release=5.6
php1_mode=mod_php
php2_release=7.1
php2_mode=php-fpm

webserver=nginx_apache

apache_ver=2.4
apache_mpm=auto
mod_ruid2=yes

mod_php runs processes under apache user by default, unless mod_ruid2 is enabled. PHP-FPM runs PHP processes as user by itself. Having mod_ruid2 + php-fpm (or fastcgi/suphp/lsphp) is simply redundant, thus, it's not recommended :)

Thanks @smtalk

yes of course (I could not include ruid2 in the previous example),
let's take mod_ruid2 aside for a while and a webserver option, is the general rule of phpX_mode as previous user asked correct?

So, we can use it vice-versa as states in the help.directadmin?

Back