[solved] nginx segfault

Wanabo

Verified User
Case: In several versions of Internet Explorer I could not connect to a https url on my server. Chrome and Firefox worked ok.
Spending several hours investigating I finally found this: SSL with SNI, and Safari generates a segfault in Nginx
Well it is not Safari but I checked /var/log/nginx/error_log and found the errors mentioned there!

The solution presented there did not work because there is no ssl_session_cache shared:SSL:10m; in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf

Fixed it by commenting out #ssl_session_cache shared:SSL:10m; in /etc/nginx/nginx-vhosts.conf
Also commented out #ssl_session_cache shared:SSL:10m; in the below files to prevent this error in case I need to rebuild:
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/configure/nginx/conf/nginx-vhosts.conf
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/configure/nginx_reverse/conf/nginx-vhosts.conf

Is this problem all ready addressed? What do I have to do to fix it? Download latest DA custom build and rebuild?

Hello,

To protect your modification copy the files:

/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/configure/nginx/conf/nginx-vhosts.conf
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/configure/nginx_reverse/conf/nginx-vhosts.conf

into

/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom/nginx/conf/nginx-vhosts.conf
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom/nginx_reverse/conf/nginx-vhosts.conf

Thanks! I thought configure would keep my fix. But you're right about custom. As allways your answers are spot on. :D

Back