LMTP error after RCPT TO

sirwiz

Verified User
After recent updates we've got those msg for some emails accounts:

2016-01-21 20:30:29 [email protected] R=virtual_user T=dovecot_lmtp_udp defer (-44): LMTP error after RCPT TO:<[email protected]>: 451 4.3.0 <[email protected]> Temporary internal error

2016-01-21 17:48:12 Received from [email protected] H=mail.ncplus.pl (mail1.ncplus.pl) [91.232.176.218] P=esmtps X=TLSv1:DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:256 CV=no S=51648 [email protected] T="E-magazyn. Wersal. Prawo krwi - superprodukcja tylko w CANAL+"
2016-01-21 17:48:12 [email protected] R=virtual_user T=dovecot_lmtp_udp defer (-44): LMTP error after RCPT TO:<[email protected]>: 451 4.3.0 <[email protected]> Temporary internal error

Any ideas?

I think you missed CustomBuild warning about the new version of exim.conf :) It requires Dovecot to have LMTP enabled. Please run the following commands to fix it:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build set dovecot_conf yes
./build dovecot_conf

I have dovecot_conf set to yes, but i chceck it again for sure and: Changed dovecot_conf option from yes to yes.

This error is not on all emails, just few. Most of them are from one domain, but i have one account from other domain, that is affected too.

Same problem here,
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build set dovecot_conf yes
./build dovecot_conf
doesn't help.

I'm guessing thats because domain is not delegated to the nameserver of vps. And in dns zone there are dkim and dmarc records.

Found problem, seemed that even inbox size limit in mb wasn't reached after setting it to unlimited problem was gone.

Last edited:
Back