After updating to 1.50 from 1.49 I get partition(s) have exceeded the 95% threshold

Luke

Verified User
Hello, after update I'm getting this. This never happened before, how can I fix it? Yesterday I restarted whole VPS it solved problem till now.

Subject: Warning: The disk usage for one or more of your partitions is running low

This is an automated message notifying you that the following partition(s) have exceeded the 95% threshold:

100% - /tmp

================================
Automated Message Generated by DirectAdmin 1.50.0

Remove all the junk from /tmp

How big is your tmp folder?

480 MB, after rebooting it cleans itself, but before update this never happened.

I'm not sure if it's DA fault, because I updated CustomBuild 2 too. Before update I wasn't rebooting system for couple months and it were fine, but now it doesn't clean by itself /tmp folder. How can I fix it?

Check if you have tmpwatch installed. Otherwise if you are on Centos do:
Code:
yum install tmpwatch

Another method is to use a cronjob, but you have to take care not to remove things in use.

What do you mean? It's a bug, mate, before update this never happened.

After update I get partition(s) have exceeded the 95% threshold

Hello, after update I'm getting this.

Subject: Warning: The disk usage for one or more of your partitions is running low

This is an automated message notifying you that the following partition(s) have exceeded the 95% threshold:

100% - /tmp

Rebooting everyday solves the problem temporary, but it's not solution and before update this never happened. By update I mean just these two buttons (http://puu.sh/npLtJ/7d5aed3e5e.png), Updating software and DirectAdmin update from 1.49 to 1.50.

Last edited:
480 MB, after rebooting it cleans itself, but before update this never happened.

I'm not sure if it's DA fault, because I updated CustomBuild 2 too. Before update I wasn't rebooting system for couple months and it were fine, but now it doesn't clean by itself /tmp folder. How can I fix it?

I already have it:

Package tmpwatch-2.9.16-5.el6_7.x86_64 already installed and latest version

It could be a bug, I just wonder why you are still the only one at the moment with this issue. Which does not mean it can't be a bug.
I'm just trying to help and think with you for a solution.

My /tmp is never cleared on a reboot, neither on a Cpanel system strangly enough.
Tmpwatch normally cleans the /tmp every 30 days. If you want it more often, you can change the tmpwatch cron file.

I'm just wondering if it might be something else which is or was piling up your /tmp folder and it accidentally happened or occured or was discovered at the same time that you had updated directadmin to 1.50 so it seems as it's a 1.50 bug.
It's at least a possibility.

Hopefully some others which are running 1.50 can check their /tmp to see if it's starting to pile up.

It could be a bug, I just wonder why you are still the only one at the moment with this issue. Which does not mean it can't be a bug.
I'm just trying to help and think with you for a solution.

My /tmp is never cleared on a reboot, neither on a Cpanel system strangly enough.
Tmpwatch normally cleans the /tmp every 30 days. If you want it more often, you can change the tmpwatch cron file.

I'm just wondering if it might be something else which is or was piling up your /tmp folder and it accidentally happened or occured or was discovered at the same time that you had updated directadmin to 1.50 so it seems as it's a 1.50 bug.
It's at least a possibility.

Hopefully some others which are running 1.50 can check their /tmp to see if it's starting to pile up.

How can I find out, what causes to fill it up? Which one site?

Hello,

As far as I know Directadmin does not write into /tmp it uses /home/tmp

They are in most cases MySQL (temp tables), PHP (session files, temp files of ImageMagick, uploaded files) that write into /tmp. So I'd rather the incident hardly is related to updated version of Directadmin. Probably other software was upgraded or you've malicious activity on your server.

Anyway Andrea already suggested to look what folders and files consumes the disk space the most.

p.s. The two threads of yours are now merged into one. Please do not double post.

It may be that /home/tmp is a symlink to /tmp

I think in some "Best practice" there was written to do that when you was setting noexec,nosuid in /tmp partition.

So please also paste the output for: ls -l /home/tmp

Regards

It may be that /home/tmp is a symlink to /tmp

I think in some "Best practice" there was written to do that when you was setting noexec,nosuid in /tmp partition.

So please also paste the output for: ls -l /home/tmp

Regards

[root@ ~]# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/simfs 10G 7.0G 3.1G 70% /
none 2.0G 28K 2.0G 1% /dev
none 512M 170M 343M 34% /tmp

[root@ ~]# ls -l /home/tmp
total 0

Well the suggested dimension for /tmp is 1GB, but anyway that's strange and yes it could be somehow a bug.

My /tmp partition is 2GB but but is used just for 50M

Regards

Well the suggested dimension for /tmp is 1GB, but anyway that's strange and yes it could be somehow a bug.

My /tmp partition is 2GB but but is used just for 50M

Regards

It's happening all the time... What can I do in order to get this fixed?

Updated again CustomBuild2 and after update it cleans itself.

Last edited:
Back