Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feture request, cpanel backup to directadmin backup.

Oh I am sure you all have something like this. here is a loop to make cpmoves on the entire CPANEL box.
    Code:
    grep root /etc/trueuserowners | cut -d : -f 1 | while read a; \
    do /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/pkgacct $a; \
    done
    Thanks,

Brent Dacus

After some problems I got this script working, some comments to be aware if you have problems with the generated file:

The NS1 and NS2 needs to be globally defined, are used in the DNS functions but to generate the user.conf file too:

You can add this to the top of the file or after "#Generate user.conf"
    Code:
    NS1="`/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin c | grep -m1 '^ns1=' | cut -d= -f2`"
    NS2="`/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin c | grep -m1 '^ns2=' | cut -d= -f2`"
    Another problem was this error

Code:
    Named::writeDB: error writing zone for domain.tld: email='' or ns1='' is empty. Ensure the zone is not corrupted.
    If you the dns file generator section you will see

Code:
            #Create DNS zone
            CONVERTED_DOMAIN_DNS="${DIRECTADMIN_BACKUPS}/${USERNAME}/backup/${CONVERTED_DOMAIN}/${CONVERTED_DOMAIN}.db"
            CPANEL_DNS_DATA=${DIRECTADMIN_BACKUPS}/${USERNAME}_cpanel_to_convert/dnszones/${CONVERTED_DOMAIN}.db
            if [ -s ${CPANEL_DNS_DATA} ]; then
            cp -f ${CPANEL_DNS_DATA} ${CONVERTED_DOMAIN_DNS}
            else
    And with this the DNS zone is done, but the cpanel dns file isn't compatible with the directadmin backup script a needs to be fixed, my suggestion:

add below
    Code:
    cp -f ${CPANEL_DNS_DATA} ${CONVERTED_DOMAIN_DNS}
    This

Code:
                    sed -i '/domainkey/d' ${CONVERTED_DOMAIN_DNS}
                    sed -i '/NS/d' ${CONVERTED_DOMAIN_DNS}
                    sed -i '/SOA/d' ${CONVERTED_DOMAIN_DNS}
                    sed -i "/\$TTL/a@       IN      SOA     ${NS1}.      hostmaster.${CONVERTED_DOMAIN}. (" ${CONVERTED_DOMAIN_DNS}
                    echo "${CONVERTED_DOMAIN}.     14400   IN      NS      ${NS1}." >> ${CONVERTED_DOMAIN_DNS}
                    echo "${CONVERTED_DOMAIN}.     14400   IN      NS      ${NS2}." >> ${CONVERTED_DOMAIN_DNS}
    With comments:

The cpanel domainkey isnt compatible with directadmin, not need here:
    sed -i '/domainkey/d' ${CONVERTED_DOMAIN_DNS}
    We need to update the NS servers of the zone to our local, for this, the NS records of cpanel needs to be removed.
    sed -i '/NS/d' ${CONVERTED_DOMAIN_DNS}
    The cpanel SOA starts with the domain name, in directadmin needs to be @ or the import fail, for this we remove the line:
    sed -i '/SOA/d' ${CONVERTED_DOMAIN_DNS}
    Add the new SOA line to the zone:
    sed -i "/\$TTL/a@ IN SOA ${NS1}. hostmaster.${CONVERTED_DOMAIN}. (" ${CONVERTED_DOMAIN_DNS}
    Add the new NS records to the zone:
    echo "${CONVERTED_DOMAIN}. 14400 IN NS ${NS1}." >> ${CONVERTED_DOMAIN_DNS}
    echo "${CONVERTED_DOMAIN}. 14400 IN NS ${NS2}." >> ${CONVERTED_DOMAIN_DNS}

I think more things can be done with this, but now the zone is compatible with directadmin

For alias/pointers domains you need to fix it too:

After this

Code:
    cp -f ${CPANEL_POINTER_DNS_DATA} ${CONVERTED_POINTER_DNS}
    Add

Code:
                    sed -i '/domainkey/d' ${CONVERTED_POINTER_DNS}
                    sed -i '/NS/d' ${CONVERTED_POINTER_DNS}
                    sed -i '/SOA/d' ${CONVERTED_POINTER_DNS}
                    sed -i "/\$TTL/a@       IN      SOA     ${NS1}.      hostmaster.${i}. (" ${CONVERTED_POINTER_DNS}
                    echo "${i}.     14400   IN      NS      ${NS1}." >> ${CONVERTED_POINTER_DNS}
                    echo "${i}.     14400   IN      NS      ${NS2}." >> ${CONVERTED_POINTER_DNS}
    Another detail, the NS2 variable in the DNS Zone section is using the NS1 data:

Code:
    NS2="`/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin c | grep -m1 '^ns1=' | cut -d= -f2`"
    Fix to

Code:
    NS2="`/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin c | grep -m1 '^ns2=' | cut -d= -f2`"

---------------

A question, when a cpanel backup dont have a DNS zone?

if [ -s ${CPANEL_DNS_DATA} ]

I think, the "else" section never will be executed because the cpmove file always have the main domain dns zone.

For the pointers is the same situation "if [ -s ${CPANEL_POINTER_DNS_DATA} ];" , if a pointer exist, you will have a DNS file from the cpmove, and based on this the "else" section never will be executed.

After all now the script is working thanks smtalk for your script.

Regards
    Roberto

i have error in mysql like this
    Code:
     set_collation: DB farapajo_farapajo_dnppoaO0HreTp7IL does not have any collation information in the backup. Skipping

some other error in email
    Code:
     Error writing db file for siminsepahan.com : The email or the ns1 value is blank.  Check to ensure the zone isn't corrupted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12