cannot update Dovecot configuration files

andreiut

Verified User
Hello, i'm getting this update available when typing ./build versions: exim.conf 0 to 2.1.2 update is available.
i have set, ./build set eximconf_release 2.1 then ./build exim_conf and i'm getting the same notification, anyway the problem is that then i tried with ./build set eximconf_release 4.4 and build exim conf, i am asked to rebuild devocot_conf and when i'm trying to do that i'm getting this: You cannot update Dovecot configuration files, because you do not have it set in options.conf file.
My questions are do i really need to upgrade to exim conf 4.4 ? and can anyone tell me how to set that in options.conf so i can rebuild dovecot_conf. i'm using CB 2.0.
Thanks!

Thanks for the report.

You can still use 2.x at the top if you want.
I've added this line to the very top of the default exim.conf to help avoid the confusion:
Code:
# SpamBlockerTechnology* powered exim.conf, Version 2.1.2
which is what CB2 is looking for.
Now it won't show version 0, but 2.1.2.

The message
You cannot update Dovecot configuration files, because you do not have it set in options.conf
I believe is unrelated.. you can do:
Code:
./build set dovecot_conf yes
./build dovecot_conf
I know that the newer exim.conf versions use LMTP. Your old 2.1.2 won't, which is perfectly fine.
The new dovecot.conf+files will setup dovecot to allow LMTP delivery, but exim.conf 2.x won't be using it, so that doesn't really matter.

John

Back