foxhole_all.cdb in clamav over custombuild

mlcomputers

Verified User
Hi everyone,

I've just installes clamav over custombuild and it works.

cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build set clamav yes
./build clamav

But we have a lot of mails with scripts in it that the standard clam av does not recognize as a virus so i want to load de foxhole_all.cdb
database.

I've found this installation:

cd /usr/local/share/clamav/
wget http://ftp.swin.edu.au/sanesecurity/foxhole_all.cdb
chown clamav:clamav foxhole_all.cdb
clamdctl stop
clamdctl start

But this is not working when installed over custombuild I think?

Is there somebodu who can perhaps help me and change the above to the right actions to do? I'm not an expert in Linux but hope someone is.

Thanks for helping me out.

Are you sure you did implement clamav in the exim.conf file?

Are you using CB to maintain your exim.conf file?

Have you can confirm that is not running?

Please also note that to restart clamav you may use
Code:
service clamd restart && service freshclam restart

or

Code:
/etc/init.d/clamd restart && /etc/init.d/freshclam restart

Regards

Foxhole

Clamav is working but i need the foxhole database implemended in it. How to do this within directadmin with custombuild 2

As far as i know, as soon as you put the database in the folder (as for your command list) and restart clamav, it should start use this database.

Regards

You have pasted the commands in you first post, that are the correct commands, you just need to change the stop/start lines with the one i gave you, that's it.

Regards

Tried the online test mails but i dont think the database is working. Does anyone know how to see which database clamav uses at the moment.

It should load the one in the folder, in fact, if you put an empty file, clamav fail to start.

What test have you tryed?

Regards

I'm not sure but i'm guessing your doing something wrong during the test... like paste as normal text on the email and not as code or something like that...

Back