Directadmin install failing with custom options [ suhosin + PHP7 ]

enkrypt

Verified User
Just wanted to bring this to your guys attention.

CentOS 7.2
Linux 3.10.0-327.13.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Mar 31 16:04:38 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Looks like with the following option, directadmin fails with:
Code:
make: *** [suhosin.lo] Error 1

Cannot find /usr/local/bin/php
Please recompile php with custombuild, eg:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build all d

Here is the options I have configured with the setup script:
Code:
[root@kratos ~]# ./setup.sh
*** 64-bit OS ***
DirectAdmin will now be installed on: Enterprise 7.2
Is this correct? (must match license) (y,n) : y
You have chosen custombuild 2.0.

Would you like the default settings of apache 2.4 with mod_ruid2 and php 5.5 cli? (y/n): n
You have chosen to customize the custombuild options.  Please wait while options configurator is downloaded...

Would you like to backup the current options.conf? (yes/no): n
Please enter 'yes' or 'no': no

Please select webserver you would like to use (apache/nginx/nginx_apache/litespeed):apache

Please select FTP server you would like to use (proftpd/pureftpd/no):no

Please select default PHP version you would like to use (5.3/5.4/5.5/5.6/7.0):7.0

Please select default PHP mode you would like to use (php-fpm/fastcgi/suphp/lsphp/mod_php):fastcgi

Would you like to have a second instance of PHP installed? (yes/no): yes

Please select additional PHP version you would like to use (5.3/5.4/5.5/5.6/7.0):5.6

Please select additional PHP mode you would like to use (php-fpm/fastcgi/suphp/lsphp/mod_php):fastcgi

Please select if you would like to use ionCube (yes/no):yes

Please select if you would like to use Zend Guard Loader (yes/no):yes

Please select if you would like to use suhosin (yes/no):yes

Please select if you would like CustomBuild to manage Exim installation (yes/no):no

Please select if you would like CustomBuild to manage Dovecot installation (yes/no):no

Please select if you would like CustomBuild to manage phpMyAdmin installation (yes/no):yes

Please select if you would like CustomBuild to manage SquirrelMail installation (yes/no):no

Please select if you would like CustomBuild to manage RoundCube installation (yes/no):no

If I were to guess, it's probably a problem with installing Suhosin with PHP 7 as this is not yet fully supported and in the ALPHA stages. However, I would think it would be a good idea, if when you are wanting to install multiple PHP instances (like in my case) that it would install suhosin for PHP 5.6 and not PHP 7

Anyways, my work around for now is to skip the suhosin install.

Hello,

I fully agree with you and would like to have an opportunity to select zend/ioncube/suhosin per PHP mode/version. As for now we should disable the three of them if we need PHP 7 installed, and install zend/ioncube/suhosin for PHP 5.x manually.

And by the way PHP 5.3 which can be installed with Custombuild is not supported by the current suhosin, and I'd like custombuild to be smart enough to suggest an older version of suhosin for PHP 5.3.

Back