Direct Admin Wordpress Plugins Not Able to Update

countryboy01

Verified User
Hello All,

I know the subject says Wordpress Plugin, but I fear this is more of Direct Admin. Let me explain why.

I am trying to assist a client in upgrading the security of Wordpress by making sure all plugins are updated. The main(core) Wordpress plugin is updated to the current version(4.5.2) however, The addons that can be installed within the Wordpress Core needs to be updated and I am getting an error on that.

The reason, I feel like it is an error on Direct Admin side is because of the fact that it is trying to write to to the /home/<user>/tmp folder. This folder does not exist and I believe that Wordpress is trying to create it to write to it.

The problem is that potentially due to the permissions of the directory, Wordpress cannot do that. I've actually tried changing the permissions of the /home/<user> to 777, 755, 716(via chmod XXX /home/<user>) but when I do, The website doesn't load and I get a 500 internal error, or some other error similar. So the permissions of the /home/<user> can't be anything other than 716 which I think is strange seeing that all I am doing is adding on extra permissions to the group and other so that Wordpress can update the plugins and revoke back to the 710 once completed.

I've attempted to research and look around in the DirectAdmin Admin Portal to see if there was a way I can change the user permissions from within, but cannot find the setting.

Here is the error:
Warning: Unknown: open(/home/<user>/tmp//sess_d43295521b0dd6fb8521eb661306f4e0, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/home/<user>/tmp/) in Unknown on line 0

If someone would be kind enough to point me in the right directions, please and thank you!

Hello,

How do you run PHP? Is it mod_php, suphp, etc?

mkdir /home/<user>/tmp/?

zEitEr's,

I'm not exactly sure how to check the mod_php, suphp, etc. According to the firewall portion of WordFence it is suphp.

When I got to "mkdir /home/<user>/tmp/ it assigns as root root. I cannot "su <user>" due to the error "This account is currently not available". So even if I create the directory as root, I can't use chmod to change the owner/group appropriately.

Back