IMAP bandwidth not updating

vpx_tim

Verified User
We recently upgraded Dovecot to version 2.2.21 after which we noticed that IMAP bandwidth was no longer being updated. All other items have the bandwidth being updated including POP.

We used CustomBuild 1.2 to upgrade Dovecot.
OS is CentOS 6.8
Directadmin version is 1.50.1
We've also upgraded Dovecot to 2.2.25.

IMAP email access is working correctly, it is only that usage for IMAP is not being logged.

As suggested for DA 1.43 here https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=1406,

We've added imap_logout_format = bytes=%i/%o to dovecot.conf, restarted dovecot and da-popb4smtp.
Then changed the tally to update every 4 hours.

Afterwards the /etc/virtual/domain/dovecot.bytes file still only lists POP.
And the /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/customer/bandwidth.tally does not list any IMAP usage

Checking maillog show the IMAP sessions and data usage as:

dovecot[7384]: imap([email protected]): Logged out bytes=566/233316

Checking the logs from before the upgrade to Dovecot the IMAP session usage in maillog is showing as:

dovecot[7384]: imap([email protected]): Disconnected: Logged out bytes=132/9977

I don't know if the Disconnected being missing has any meaning or not.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Are you sure you're still using da-popb4smtp??

Why don't you use CB2 and update exim/exim.conf/dovecot/dovecot.conf from there? Do you have any particular reason to use the old CB?

Regards

Thanks for replying SeLLeRoNe.

da-popb4smtp is running on the server and all my reading on this forum and the help docs for Directadmin say that da-popb4smtp is also used for gathering bandwidth data for POP and IMAP from the maillog file. POP bandwidth us being recorded, but not IMAP bandwidth.

We are planning on moving to CB2 later in the year.

I did remember that was used for something in the past but not nowadays, maybe i remember wrong :)

Anyway, you should consider to do the update ASAP, many new interesting things are in CB2 that you may be interested into.

Regarding your problem, honestly i've no idea, sorry!

Best regards

Back