Email forwarder does not work in DirectAdmin

mbsmt

Verified User
Hi guys. I've added some email forwarders in one of my accounts in DA but any email won't be forwarded after receiving emails in mailbox. All settings is correct for forwarders.
What's the matter?

Can you check your logfiles? Maybe they are refused on the receiving mailserver which they are forwarded to.

This is my /exim/mainlog (Nothing found in rejectlog for that email)
Code:
2016-10-06 10:03:49 1bs2FZ-0006D9-Ho DKIM: d=gmail.com s=20120113 c=relaxed/relaxed a=rsa-sha256 [verification succeeded]
2016-10-06 10:03:49 1bs2FZ-0006D9-Ho <= [email protected] H=mail-io0-f182.google.com [209.85.223.182] P=esmtps X=UNKNOWN:AES128-GCM-SHA256:128 S=3611 id=CACm7gyjEvdsrGuxGiG6gqeNVXqFjVpjQAm3MjaqFhCp9EZkmaA@mail.gmail.com T="test 3" from <[email protected]> for [email protected]
2016-10-06 10:03:49 cwd=/var/spool/exim 3 args: /usr/sbin/exim -Mc 1bs2FZ-0006D9-Ho
2016-10-06 10:03:50 1bs2FZ-0006D9-Ho => saberi <[email protected]> F=<[email protected]> R=virtual_user T=virtual_localdelivery S=3735
2016-10-06 10:03:50 1bs2FZ-0006D9-Ho => [email protected] <[email protected]> F=<[email protected]> R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp S=3686 H=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [74.125.133.27] X=UNKNOWN:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:128 C="250 2.0.0 OK 1475735575 j9si12744809wjp.132 - gsmtp"
2016-10-06 10:03:50 1bs2FZ-0006D9-Ho Completed

However, forwarder still is not working.

Looks as if Google is accepting them. Which means the forwarders are working. I presume parniagroup is your domain and the gmail.com is the addres mail is forwarded to?
Maybe they are in the Gmail spamfolder for some reason?

I would suggest to edit your messages and mask your email addresses to prevent this being harvested by spammers. ;)

Maybe you can try another email account (not gmail) to test if you receive it there?
Because it looks like a Gmail issue. Since Gmail is sending a "250 2.0.0 OK" and a "completed" at the end of the connection, this means it is send and delivered to Gmail and Gmail accepted it.

Your DNS and MX looks fine, you're not on a spamlist, so it can only be Google.

I would suggest to edit your messages and mask your email addresses to prevent this being harvested by spammers. ;)

Maybe you can try another email account (not gmail) to test if you receive it there?
Because it looks like a Gmail issue. Since Gmail is sending a "250 2.0.0 OK" and a "completed" at the end of the connection, this means it is send and delivered to Gmail and Gmail accepted it.

Your DNS and MX looks fine, you're not on a spamlist, so it can only be Google.

I changed target email and forwarder worked well and I could get forwarded email in the new email address. So why google does not show my email?
What is more strange here is that if I send an email from my server to Gmail directly, it will be received in just few seconds. The problem is only when forwarder wants to do it!

Last edited:
Do you use DKIM? When sending directly you authenticate for your mail. If I remember correctly that does not happen with a forwarder, which could cause Gmail to block it.
If that's not the case I hope somebody else had any idea.

Do you use DKIM? When sending directly you authenticate for your mail. If I remember correctly that does not happen with a forwarder, which could cause Gmail to block it.
If that's not the case I hope somebody else had any idea.

Yes I have been set DKIM on my server.

Then that might be the issue, the forwarder is not authenticated for and so it's blocked.
However, it's still strange that Gmail accepts the mail and let it dissapear without any notice and does not refuse it or send a report.

To be sure that it's DKIM you could temporarily remove your DKIM entry's. Keep in mind though that it will take some time to resolve so Gmail and others won't see it anymore.
After that, see if Gmail now accepts the mail.
But I'm 95% sure that is the cause.

A little late, but...
I had this same problem and found out that the mail does go through, but Gmail has a very well hidden spam folder, this is where it is, open the email and at the top click to tell gmail it is not spam, then that should solve the issue for this email account

Back