How to use my shared signed SSL certificate for services (mail, ftp)

Cheazey

Verified User
Hello,

So I recently bought a wildcard certificate and had no trouble installing it as a shared SSL certificate for my server and for the domain name I bought it for. However, I am stumped as to how to use the same certificate for services (exim, proftpd, exim, etc.). I didn't have difficulty using the server's shared SSL certificate when I was using WHM/CPanel since I can do it through their control panel. I have tried to install the same certificate for exim and had no success (I searched and tried all the guides I found on this forum and website). Can anyone please help me? Thank you.

Hello,

Currently directadmin does not have an interface to install a cert into exim, dovecot, etc. Earlier if you install a cert at user level for user admin then it will be installed globally. So you can try it, add a domain into admin's account and install a cert for it, with this you might get a cert installed globally. If it does not help, then a manual installation in a root console is required.

Hello,

Currently directadmin does not have an interface to install a cert into exim, dovecot, etc. Earlier if you install a cert at user level for user admin then it will be installed globally. So you can try it, add a domain into admin's account and install a cert for it, with this you might get a cert installed globally. If it does not help, then a manual installation in a root console is required.

Thank you for answering. It turns out I have to install the certificate myself. I found it very hard but I'm really thankful I did it.

Thank you for answering. It turns out I have to install the certificate myself. I found it very hard but I'm really thankful I did it.

Too bad you found it hard to do. Could you enlighten the rest of the world how you did it?
In my case I am especially interested in the FTP part.

As for paid certificates which you want to install server-wide you should follow the post #2. No much have changed in this area since the time of posting the suggestion. I.e. add a domain for admin and install a cert for the admin's domain. A SNI support might need to be disabled in directadmin.conf prior to it, and later it can be re-enabled.

Or use the script in a shell as root from here: https://github.com/poralix/directadmin-utils/tree/master/ssl written by me exactly for this case.

Back