php-fpm and mod_php possible?

merlinsilk

Verified User
Hi,

I have my centos 7 server running nicely with the standard LAMP using mod_php.
But now I want to run a second web server on a different port using nginx.
nginx needs php5-fpm (or php-fpm?) I was not able to install this package or even find it.
Then I remembered that DA is installing and configuring my php and wonder if I need
to install php_fpm through DA. I found one post that explains who to use it instead of
mod_php, but I would like to use it in parallel:
Apache and mod_php
nginx and php_fpm
is that possible?
And if so how would I go about that?

Thanks,
Merlin

It's doable, but not using CustomBuild :) Because CustomBuild doesn't even support standalone nginx on a custom port together with Apache as a separate webserver.

It's doable, but not using CustomBuild :) Because CustomBuild doesn't even support standalone nginx on a custom port together with Apache as a separate webserver.

Thanks!

Sad - I hoped I could set a few parameter and that would be it. But now the question becomes, HOW do I do this? I first tried to yum the php5_fpm (as I was told by several turorials) but could not find it - trued the remi repository but no luck. Then I found out that for php 5.5, which I run, fpm is actually included in the core. Does that mean that I just have to add this parameter to the configure command, rebuild php and I am all set?

Thanks - Merlin

Hello,

Code:
# grep ^exclude= /etc/yum.confexclude=apache* httpd* mod_* mysql* MySQL* da_* *ftp* exim* sendmail* php* bind-chroot* openssl*

that's why empty results with yum search.

Back