failed to run CLAMAV test

domu

Verified User
I have reinstalled Centos 5.11 + DA on my VPS. Exim and Dovecot
are working fine. I have enabled Spamassassin, have ClamAV running
fine, but in /var/log/maillog I have this error popping up with every
checked message:

spamd[31394]: rules: failed to run CLAMAV test, skipping:
spamd[31394]: (Can't locate object method "check_clamav" via package "Mail: [...]:SpamAssassin::perMsgStatus" at (eval 1415) line 331.

I have googled around to find the solution but found nothing.

Any pointers how to fix it much appreciated.

I have reinstalled Centos 5.11
Just out of curiosity, if you reinstall, why not instantly upgrade to a newer OS which will not go end of life soon, like Centos 6 or 7.

As to your question, did you install Clamav manuall or via custombuild?
Can you try this command:
Code:
/usr/bin/spamassassin -lint
And have a look (and post) the output here? It could point to a more specific reason why Spamasssassin is blocking things.

Hi Richard,
thank you for your reply.

Just out of curiosity, if you reinstall, why not instantly upgrade to a newer OS which will not go end of life soon, like Centos 6 or 7.

well, it's complicated. xD

As to your question, did you install Clamav manuall or via custombuild?

via custombuild, as prescribed on DA's help page.

Can you try this command:
Code:
/usr/bin/spamassassin -lint
And have a look (and post) the output here? It could point to a more specific reason why Spamasssassin is blocking things.

# /usr/bin/spamassassin --lint
Jan 29 23:31:08.912 [6536] warn: plugin: failed to parse plugin /etc/mail/spamassassin/clamav.pm: Can't locate File/Scan/ClamAV.pm in @INC (@INC contains: lib /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8) at /etc/mail/spamassassin/clamav.pm line 15, <DATA> line 717.
Jan 29 23:31:08.912 [6536] warn: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /etc/mail/spamassassin/clamav.pm line 15, <DATA> line 717.
Jan 29 23:31:08.912 [6536] warn: Compilation failed in require at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin/PluginHandler.pm line 109, <DATA> line 717.
Jan 29 23:31:10.596 [6536] warn: rules: failed to run CLAMAV test, skipping:
Jan 29 23:31:10.596 [6536] warn: (Can't locate object method "check_clamav" via package "Mail: [...]:SpamAssassin::perMsgStatus" at (eval 1436) line 45.
Jan 29 23:31:10.596 [6536] warn: )
Jan 29 23:31:10.707 [6536] warn: lint: 1 issues detected, please rerun with debug enabled for more information

Can you make anything out of it ?

well, it's complicated. xD
In that case I wonder what's so complicated. :D :D
Im just very curious, you don't need to explain or say if yo don't want to. ;)

The only thing I'm wondering about is that there is an issue about some clamav.pm file. Can't find that on any of the systems I administer where clamav is installed. Neither Centos 5 (an old cpanel server which needs to be replaced, luckily not one of mine) nore Centos 6 systems.

Also the if I read the error messages it looks like you enabled a plugin in Spamassassin, because only Spamassassin is complaining.
Did you enable any plugin in spamassassin?

If I look at the v310.pre file of spamassassin, I see this:
Code:
# AntiVirus - some simple anti-virus checks, this is not a replacement
# for an anti-virus filter like Clam AntiVirus
#
#loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::AntiVirus
If you enabled this, then disable it again and restart exim.

Back