Roundcube "DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED!"

nasha

Verified User
Hi,
I followed the following instruction

https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=45

and I'm sure that the password in /usr/local/directadmin/conf/mysql.conf is correct but I still see the error

I tried to install roundcube but I see the following error.

Please help!

Code:
[root@fox custombuild]#  ./build roundcube d
/usr/bin/mysqlshow: Access denied for user 'da_admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Inserting data to mysql and creating database/user for roundcube...
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'da_admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'da_admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'da_roundcube'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Database created, da_roundcube password is vcxvxc4534f***cx
Editing roundcube configuration...
Replacing mod_php5 with mod_php7 in .htaccess
Roundcube 1.2.3 has been installed successfully.
Executing database schema update.
Updating database schema (2013011000)... [FAILED]
done.
[root@fox custombuild]#

Last edited:
I can't help you but I would at least mask the da_roundcube password in your post if I were you.

Getting the same thing on my system with roundcube 1.2.5, haven't found a way around it yet

Roundcube "DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED!

Hi,

I had the same - Debian Jessie fully updated on a VPS with showing high memory use.

I tried a few service resets which resulted in avoiding the error message but I could still not log into round cube because no password was good enough regardless of how correct it was.

I rebooted the server and all was well again - VPS memory looking better - all my uptime gone, woe - but it works again. Switching off and on at the wall is still, it seems, the easy way to solve some issues.

Cheers

Neil

Just so there's some potential resolution to this. There are now 2 mysql conf files in /usr/local/directadmin/conf:

my.cnf
mysql.conf

Ensure that the da_admin password is the same in both, and that there's no .my.cnf file sitting in /root or /home/admin or the like.

Just so there's some potential resolution to this. There are now 2 mysql conf files in /usr/local/directadmin/conf:

my.cnf
mysql.conf

Ensure that the da_admin password is the same in both, and that there's no .my.cnf file sitting in /root or /home/admin or the like.

In my case, my password for da_admin is longer than 100 character and directadmin is not able to read the password which is long. Solution, is to reduce the length of the password. Hope this help someone.

Back