whitelist ip adres list ignored

B3rt

Verified User
it seems this list is ignored.

The IP is in the whitelist but still gets blacklisted when several times tried a incorrect login.
The user gets a message: your ip is blacklisted etc

When i tale a look it is indeed again added to the blacklist, when i open the whitelist the same IP is added/listed here aswell

I have thos problem on several servers with directadmin, it seems the blacklist overrules the witelist.

Hello,

Kindly provide more details on your setup and issue. Without it hardly will we ever help you.

- Do the IPs get blocked in Directadmin or with firewall?
- What kind of a white list are you referring to? Where and how do you edit it?
- Do you use raw iptables? Or CSF/LFD?
- What scripts (if any) you use in order to let Directadmin block offending IPs?

The file /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/ip_whitelist is used only for logging into Directadmin. It does not effect other login tries as far as I know, neither FTP nor WWW, IMAP, POP, SMTP.

Exactly, so the point is that the whitelist has no effect for preventing an ip-adress to be blocked. However, as I can recall it used to be working fine earlier.

Hello,

I've just tested it here, and it seems to be working for me.
I then removed my IP from the ip_whitelist, and after enough attempts, I was blocked.

If you run DA in debug mode, you should see:
Code:
IP '1.2.3.4' is in the whitelist: /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/ip_whitelist
My first suspicion would be if there is a missing newline character after the IP in the ip_whitelist file.
DA requires that each line must end in a newline character, or (according to DA), it's not a line, and is ignored. So add a blank line at the bottom to ensure this is the case.

John

Back