Third PHP version

I've updated the pre-release binaries with some fixes to php3_release, php4_release:
https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=2276

To clarify, this lets Users pick one of those 4 to use with their website, assuming the default is used:
php_version_selector=1

You can set the old method php_version_selector=2, so they get to pick any 2 live versions (for example: file.php for 5.6, and file.php72 for 7.2 live on their site), allow 2 at a time, where those 2 live versions can be chosen from any of the new 4 instances from the options.conf.

It does not mean a User can have 4 live versions at the same time.. so they cannot have .php, .php71, .php70, .php72 all working at the same time on their website.
There might be some confusion there :)

Pre-release

If you have a DA server and know your UID/LID, you don't need to know the UID password, you can just use the channel=beta method:
https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=408

Pre-release has other changes

Note that this has significant changes to MySQL too:
https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=2274
so keep that in mind if you're planning on updating the binaries.

mod_ruid2 with php-fpm
I believe permissions were updated a while ago to allow mod_ruid2 with php-fpm.. so I believe mod_php can be used for one instance with mod_ruid2, and php-fpm for others, for example.
I've just tested now, and CB2 didn't complain with those settings. (Martynas would be the final word on that, but I seem to recall it being allowed for a while now)

John

I haven't access to pre-release :]

You can use the updateda.sh script from here https://github.com/poralix/directadmin-utils/tree/master/core to update Directadmin using either pre-release (beta) or stable channel.

Install script:

Code:
cd /root/
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/poralix/directadmin-utils/master/core/updateda.sh -O updateda.sh
chmod 755 updateda.sh

Run to install a pre-release version of Directadmin:

Code:
./updateda.sh beta

Run to install a stable version of Directadmin:

Code:
./updateda.sh stable

Thanks.

I have one more problem with openssl. PHP older than 5.6 compile with custom ssl libraries folder OK, but something dosen't work with ssl/ tls.

Phpinfo:
Code:
Registered Stream Socket Transports:
tcp, udp, unix, udg

Registered PHP Streams: 
compress.zlib, php, file, glob, data, http, ftp, phar, zip

In higher versions:
Code:
Registered Stream Socket Transports: 
tcp, udp, unix, udg, [B]ssl[/B], [B]tls[/B],[B] tlsv1.0[/B], [B]tlsv1.1[/B],[B] tlsv1.2[/B]

Registered PHP Streams: 
[B]https[/B], [B]ftps[/B], compress.zlib, php, file, glob, data, http, ftp, phar, zip, rar

You think so it's openssl compilation problem or something wrong in my custombuild settings?

I compiled openssl in that way:
Code:
root@naruto:/usr/src/openssl-1.0.2l
export CFLAGS=-fPIC
./config --prefix=/usr/local/openssl-1.0.2l/ shared zlib-dynamic
make
make install

Code:
cat /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom/fpm/configure.php55
#!/bin/sh
./configure \
        --prefix=/usr/local/php55 \
        --program-suffix=55 \
        --enable-fpm \
        --with-fpm-systemd \
        --with-config-file-scan-dir=/usr/local/php55/lib/php.conf.d \
        --with-curl \
        --with-gd \
        --enable-gd-native-ttf \
        --with-gettext \
        --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/lib \
        --with-freetype-dir=/usr/local/lib \
        --with-libxml-dir=/usr/local/lib \
        --with-kerberos \
        --with-openssl-dir=/usr/local/openssl-1.0.2l \
        --with-mcrypt \
        --with-mhash \
        --with-mysql=mysqlnd \
        --with-mysql-sock=/usr/local/mysql/data/mysql.sock \
        --with-mysqli=mysqlnd \
        --with-pcre-regex=/usr/local \
        --with-pdo-mysql=mysqlnd \
        --with-pear \
        --with-png-dir=/usr/local/lib \
        --with-xsl \
        --with-zlib \
        --enable-zip \
        --with-iconv=/usr/local \
        --enable-bcmath \
        --enable-calendar \
        --enable-ftp \
        --enable-sockets \
        --enable-soap \
        --enable-mbstring \
        --with-icu-dir=/usr/local/icu \
        --enable-intl

When custombuild build php 5.5 i see some abnormal informations:
Code:
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libssl.so.1.1, needed by /usr/local/lib/libcurl.so, may conflict with libssl.so.1.0.0
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libssl.so.1.1, needed by /usr/local/lib/libcurl.so, may conflict with libssl.so.1.0.0
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libcrypto.so.1.1, needed by /usr/local/lib/libcurl.so, may conflict with libcrypto.so.1.0.0
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libcrypto.so.1.1, needed by /usr/local/lib/libcurl.so, may conflict with libcrypto.so.1.0.0
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libpcre.so.3, needed by //lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libselinux.so.1, may conflict with libpcre.so.0
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libpcre.so.3, needed by //lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libselinux.so.1, may conflict with libpcre.so.0
Generating phar.php
Generating phar.phar
PEAR package PHP_Archive not installed: generated phar will require PHP's phar extension be enabled.
directorytreeiterator.inc
pharcommand.inc
directorygraphiterator.inc
invertedregexiterator.inc
clicommand.inc
phar.inc

How to properly build older php version on debian 9 with custombuild?

Regards

It's possible to do this now :) 3rd and 4th. Requires pre-release binaries of DA (>=1.55)

View attachment 2483

we had some problems, for example installing IMAP trough this guide: https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=341

imap installer only detects php1 and php2 config files and imap not installed on php3 and php4. I added imap support manually in 3 and 4 config and my problem solved but it is better to update these kind of installers.

I propose that you sort the versions alphabetically in DirectAdmin and not by the order in options.conf.

Users would like to see 7.3, 7.2, 7.0, 5.6, and not 7.3, 7.0, 5.6, 7.2 for example

I've installed a 3rd PHP recently (5.6, 7.1 and 7.3), but I noticed it doesn't show up consistently in DA everywhere;
(7.1 is installed as mod_php, the others as fpm-php).

At CMD_SYSTEM_INFO it only shows:
Code:
Php 7.1.28	Installed
Php 5.6.40	Installed (php2)

Or at CMD_SHOW_SERVICES it only shows:
Code:
php-fpm56
php-fpm73

Make sure:

- you have the latest possible Directadmin version (>=1.55)

- build process of PHP completed fine, i.e. /usr/local/phpXX/bin/php exists for all desired PHP versions

- you have a standard, native skin for Admin user and other users as well, use enhanced or evolution skin from system level (3rd party skins might miss it, as well as resellers might have their won copy of enhanced skin which is not updated with DA).

- Everything is up to date
- All 3 php's have dir's in /usr/local/
- Using the default enhanced-skin.

Try a pre-release binary (see post #42 ), probably it was fixed already by a report from other users. If it's not fixed then you might need to open a ticket with Directadmin support and ask them to check it on your server.

Can't 'do' a pre-release as my (VPS) DA-license is provided from the serverfarm-hoster.
So I'll have to wait until next update.

With a solution from the post #42 you can switch DA version stable <-> beta independently on whether or not you own a DA license or only rent it.

Is it possible you need a config rewrite after installing an extra PHP version before is shows up everywhere? I'm just installing a new server and installed a second PHP version with the custombuild plugin. So I set the second PHP version and then got the 'Update' message on the index page of the plugin, I clicked it and let it finish. Afterwards the second PHP version showed up on 'CMD_SYSTEM_INFO' but not on 'CMD_SHOW_SERVICES', there it only showed up after doing a 'Rewrite WEB server configuration files'. Maybe it's an idea to let the plugin also issue a rewrite task after installing PHP? :)

Back