Allow users to decide if domain should be in use_rbl_domains or not

websafe

Verified User
It would be great if users could decide if their domain is in use_rbl_domains or not.

Currently /etc/virtual/use_rbl_domains is a symlink to /etc/virtual/domains
so all domains are by default protected by used RBL servers.

This is OK, but "unprotecting" an individual domain is a pain ... and needs
unnecessary "dirty tricks".

That's one simple checkbox :cool:

Related help item: https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=142

Hi,

What do you mean by "dirty tricks" ?
If you symlink use_rbl_domains to /etc/virtual/domains then you can use the file skip_rbl_domains for domains you don't want to check.

Altough a checkbox would be easier :)

You're right, I didn't notice skip_rbl_domains in newer exim.conf's ;-)
But as mentioned, a checkbox would be great too.

I'm just curious. What's the benefit of not having a domain use the RBL domains? So also the benefit of having such an option?

Some users receive mail from hosts which often are listed by SPAMCOP/SPAMHAUS and other RBL's. In such cases it's better to disable RBL checking for some recipient domains than whitelist sending hosts globally.

I do understand, but I disagree. If we keep allowing users to keep sending mail while they are listed, RBL's are loosing their usefullness and users keep ignoring the issue.
I tell my customers to advise those kind of users (which try to send them mail) to either tell their host to fix things properly so they get of those RBL lists, or get a better host. It's interesting to see how fast things can get fixed or changed when they notice people don't receive their mail anymore.:)
So sorry, can't second your request in this case.

Back