Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skin is dead ?

Many has commented that the new skin is too light (white) - and months later it still is.

So what is the point asking for user input if nothing is done based on it?
    End Times - Now! video (turn on English/French subtitles)

Looks like DirectAdmin is becoming a dying dinasour in CP-land.

I never understood why there aren't more people working on the product. Maybe I have to switch CP next server migration :/

I hope DA guys will ASAP hire more people to work on it, before its too late.

DA is good product, but if promises are not kept (release of the new skin) then its definitely not good promotion for the product.

Kind regards,
    Jan
    Last edited by jet1972; 08-15-2017 at 10:59 AM.
    End Times - Now! video (turn on English/French subtitles)

I would like to apologize you all, because it was a decision of mine not to release a "me-too" skin a year ago. And I really agree that it affected reputation of DA. We had it finished, but it was nothing different from enhanced, just a fresh look, but no major changes and re-coding. I wanted to have it fully re-coded to Vue.js, use vue-router, VueX, to rewrite the language/translation system completely (to use gettext and single .po file for every language), have no hardcoded tables from DA side (like |TABLE|) and so on... Now we have a private alpha (for anyone who asks for it in ticketing), and public alpha should be ready soon. There is a lot of new code every day... We just wouldn't like to publicly release it for download right now (today, for example), because then we'd get loads of requests about things that still need to be re-coded. I know it might feel as if nothing is done, but this is really not true. We get a lot of new code lines every day. I'm sorry, but I am sure the end result will be a new and modern frontend for DirectAdmin.
    Martynas Bendorius
    MB Martynas IT. Professional server management company. Official DirectAdmin, CloudLinux, LiteSpeed and Comodo partners.

We have been watching the development for a long time. Thanks for the detailed answer. This gives us hope for a good product.

For our part, we are ready to help in testing and translating the skin into Russian. We made a complete russian translation of the old skin and support its update.

Quote Originally Posted by smtalk View Post
    I would like to apologize you all, because it was a decision of mine not to release a "me-too" skin a year ago. And I really agree that it affected reputation of DA. We had it finished, but it was nothing different from enhanced, just a fresh look, but no major changes and re-coding. I wanted to have it fully re-coded to Vue.js, use vue-router, VueX, to rewrite the language/translation system completely (to use gettext and single .po file for every language), have no hardcoded tables from DA side (like |TABLE|) and so on... Now we have a private alpha (for anyone who asks for it in ticketing), and public alpha should be ready soon. There is a lot of new code every day... We just wouldn't like to publicly release it for download right now (today, for example), because then we'd get loads of requests about things that still need to be re-coded. I know it might feel as if nothing is done, but this is really not true. We get a lot of new code lines every day. I'm sorry, but I am sure the end result will be a new and modern frontend for DirectAdmin.
    I would like to try the skin, if possible of course, I wrote to him pm.
    einDa! skin FREE "mobile-first" skin to directadmin.

As alpha tester I can only tell that there is a lot of job for this task and I can understand why there is so long waiting time.

Currently I'm testing this skin with my free web hosting and people like new look but there is still a lot of things to fix (well this is alpha)

I hope that DA is going to improve skin for DA and add public alpha in next few months

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12