Skin is dead ?

Daku

Verified User
Hello,

Some new things ? maybe beta ?

Since February there have been no new messages about the new template.
When will something new be known about this?

Greetings Daku

No, it's really not dead :) However, we're not sure if we should release ALPHA (it's been ready for a few weeks (without responsive design elements included)) for download, which could have many bugs, or wait for BETA. Most of the things left are javascript related (VueJS/VueX 2). We would really like end-customers to be satisfied with the skin, and good quality requires more work-hours. I think it might be a good idea to have a private alpha available, that way people who would like to TEST and not to use the skin in production could simply get a download URL and install it on their servers. What do you think about it? :)

Most noticeable changes would be finished DNS management, message/ticketing system, some css improvements.

Especially looking forward to those css improvements. Any chance the Demo could be updated as well? Don't have that much non-production DirectAdmin servers doing nothing here.

Demo should be updated in a 2-3 weeks. Together with private alpha package for download.

directadmin skins most problem is not using icons
you need add many icons like plesk and cpanel.

Any updates on this? It's been long awaited (and needed) by us all.

directadmin skins most problem is not using icons
you need add many icons like plesk and cpanel.

I disagree with that. You never know whats behind a icon before you click it. Text links is much more descriptive and I find it more usefriendly.

I disagree with that. You never know whats behind a icon before you click it. Text links is much more descriptive and I find it more usefriendly.

ofcourse...

text with icons best solution.

Take care that a new skin will take certain time to be release because all the work that is needed.

It have to be stable and reliable skin to be used with Directadmin as the other skins.

Take care that a new skin will take certain time to be release because all the work that is needed.

It have to be stable and reliable skin to be used with Directadmin as the other skins.

I understand, of course it has to be stable and reliable before releasing the skin.

my question is why it takes this long to make the cp responsive? why not use the framework like bootstrap?

Back