FreeType 2.8.0

wattie

Verified User
FreeType 2.8 has been released. CFF2 support and OpenType variation font handling is now complete; the auto-hinter now understands 25 more scripts, for example N'Ko and Tifinagh.

See https://sourceforge.net/projects/freetype/files/ for a list of changes; noteworthy bug fixes are the handling of TrueType fonts: unhinted loading didn't work as expected, and the light auto-hinter used incorrect metrics.

I was in email contact with DirectAdmin support about FreeType 2.8.0, and they have tested it, but unfortunately there is problems. Here is the reply from John:

Thanks, look like it breaks the php compile with:
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.6.30/ext/gd/gd.c:83:24: error: ft2build.h: No such file or directory

and even after fixing up the headers paths with symbolic links to /usr/local/include/*, we just hit more library linker errors..

As the ft2build.h is installed into the exact same spot as it was before, I'm not what they've changed.
I'll have to continue to dig, but it might need a fix to be released from either freetype or php for now.
I'll continue to poke at it when I have time, in case I've missed something obvious :)

Thank you,

John

Already a fix for this? Same problem with updating from v2.7.1 to Freetype v2.8.1 @ CentOS 7.

Last edited:
Back