What does "sa_update" function do in options.conf and same for spamassassin_cron

2webmen

Verified User
What does "sa_update" function do in options.conf and same for spamassassin_cron

Hi All,
I am trying to find out what exactly the "sa_update" function does in options.conf and how to configure it.

I suppose I can set it to yes but I cannot find a description in the custombuild help.

Do I set it to yes and run:

./build spamassassin_cron

Or do I rebuild spamassasin, and yes what does it do and what does the above cron option do?

thanks Joris

CustomBuild information about the option:
Code:
[root@testing custombuild]# ./build opt_help full | grep sa_update
sa_update: no, daily, weekly, monthly. Current value: no. Default value: daily. Description: Installs a cronjob for sa-update to update SpamAssassin Spam Filter Rules daily, weekly or monthly using CustomBuild. Takes effect only if SpamAssassin is enabled on the server, at the installation time of SpamAssassin, CustomBuild cronjob or 'spamassassin_cron' call.

Thanks, I was not aware of the the opt_help full option, I see it now in the custom build FAQ too.

I set sa_update to daily, enabled the cron in and set its frequency to daily in options.conf and ran ./build cron and now it seems to work, thanks for your patience!

best wished Joris

Back