MariaDB 10.2.6

Erulezz

Verified User
MariaDB 10.2.6 Release Notes

MariaDB 10.2 is the current stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.1 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL 5.6 and 5.7. MariaDB 10.2.6 is a Stable (GA) release.

Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!

Notable Changes

This is the first stable release in the MariaDB 10.2 series. As such, please refer to the What is MariaDB 10.2? page for details on all of the new features.
MyRocks alpha storage engine added (MDEV-9658)
Window functions have been introduced.
Recursive Common Table Expressions (MDEV-9864)
AWS Key Management plugin added for Windows, CentOS, RHEL, and Fedora packages
Update InnoDB to 5.7.18 (MDEV-11751)
Galera wsrep library updated to 25.3.20
Packages for Ubuntu 17.04 "zesty" added
MDEV-10431: The --add-drop-trigger option has been added to mysqldump
MDEV-12472: Ignore XtraDB-specific parameters in InnoDB, warning that they are ignored
MDEV-12253, MDEV-12602: Numerous Encryption fixes
MDEV-11336: Disabled defragmentation
MDEV-10332: Added support for OpenSSL 1.1 and LibreSSL
innodb_deadlock_detect and innodb_stats_include_delete_marked variables introduced
Notes
Percona XtraBackup (as of 2.4) will not work with MariaDB 10.2 (and MariaDB 10.1) compression. However, MariaDB's fork, MariaDB Backup, will work with compression. It will be included in a future version of MariaDB 10.2.
Changelog

For a complete list of changes made in MariaDB 10.2.6, with links to detailed information on each push, see the changelog.

https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb-1026-changelog/

To build in FreeBSD you must compile with:

cmake -DPLUGIN_TOKUDB=NO -DPLUGIN_OQGRAPH=NO -DPLUGIN_MROONGA=NO -DPLUGIN_ROCKSDB=NO -DWITHOUT_MROONGA_STORAGE_ENGINE=YES -DWITHOUT_TOKUDB_STORAGE_ENGINE=YES -DWITHOUT_ROCKSDB_STORAGE_ENGINE=YES

Be aware that:

Default value of*sql_mode*changed to STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION*

If you have users that:

A. Have columns in tables without default value

and

B. They make INSERT query without that column

it will now fail with an error. The previous default behavior was a NULL value inserted in that column.

Be aware that:

If you have users that:

A. Have columns in tables without default value

and

B. They make INSERT query without that column

it will now fail with an error. The previous default behavior was a NULL value inserted in that column.

Ok, Thanks.
That shouldn't be a problem for me.

I am using mariadb 10.1 if I upgrade to this version, my website function can have problems or not?

I did not have any problems at all. But I am not a wizard and I can't predict if it will be the same case for you :) :) :)

I am using mariadb 10.1 if I upgrade to this version, my website function can have problems or not?

Well, both variants are possible: might and might not have problems. I can't predict it for sure.

No issue reported from my clients with WP CMS on a server with

Code:
mysql  Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.2.6-MariaDB, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1

And I still run

Code:
mysql  Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.1.24-MariaDB, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1
on my own server.

Back